ISO different cookies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fruit pizza cookie

One of my favorite cookies to make is a little more than a cookie, but is very impressive for showing off to friends but super easy! It has a sugar cookie as a base, with a mixture of 1 part cream cheese 1 jar marshmellow cream whipped together, then topped with sliced fresh fruit. I prefer strawberries, grapes and kiwi bc they hold up nicely. For example bananas and apples turn brown quick. But you can add any type of fruit or any topping for that matter that you like (maybe nuts or chocolate chips) The only thing is that after they start to get mushy from the cream so they're not the best the next day, but there probably won't be any leftover, they are a crowdpleaser!!

lb

Lindt Chocolate Coconut Macaroons

4 ounces (115 grams) semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I use Lindt dark chocolate)
3 large (90 grams) egg whites
1/4 cup (25 grams) cocoa powder
3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups (220 grams) sweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C) and line two Baking sheeta with parchment paper.
In a stainless steel bowl, over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Stir in the coconut and melted chocolate, making sure the coconut is well coated. If the mixture is too soft, refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Place small mounds (about 1 tablespoon) of the dough on the parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing several inches apart. Bake for about 15 or until the macaroons are shiny. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes and then place on a wire rack to cool.

Makes about 20 Macaroons.

I have cut and pasted so many recipes from this thread I thought it was time I paid back. These are some of our favorites:

Christmas Holly Cookies
1 stick butter
30 large marshmallows
4-1/2 c corn flakes
1 tsp green food coloring
Red hot candies

Melt together butter and marshmallows.
Blend in food coloring and add corn flakes.
Drop by spoonful on waxed paper and add red hots.

Lemon Cookies
1 lemon cake mix
1 egg
4 oz cool whip

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Mix ingredients, place in freezer so not so sticky
Roll into 1” balls, roll into powder sugar
Bake on greased cookie sheet 13 minutes

Coconut Macaroons
1 pint pineapple or orange sherbet, softened
2 t almond extract
1 package white cake mix
6 cups flaked coconut

Mix first three ingredients
Add coconut and drop by spoonfuls 2” apart, cook for 15-20 minutes

Peanut Butter Bon Bons
1 stick of butter
1 – 18 oz jar crunch peanut butter
1 lb. Box powdered sugar
3 cups rice krispies
12 oz. chocolate chips
8 oz. chocolate candy bar (may be multiple bars)
½ block paraffin wax

Combine butter, peanut butter, powedered sugar and rice krispies (I use my hands at the end)
Chill until firm (can be made 1 day ahead of time)
While cold, roll into balls.
Melt the chocolate and wax in double boiler (wax doesn’t melt good in the micro)
Dip balls into chocolate.
Drizzle any leftover chocolate over top to make decorative lines across (optional)
Cool thoroughly and chill overnight before serving.

Glitter Balls
1-1/2 cups peanut butter
1 stick butter or margarine
1 box (16 oz) powder sugar
12 oz. white chocolate chips
1 T vegetable shortening
Edible Glitter - I don't use

In a large bowl combine peanut butter and butter until blended.
Add powdered sugar, ½ c at a time, stirring after each addition.
Line a baking sheet with foil. Using your hands, shape peanut butter mixture into 1” balls.
Chill about 1 hour.
Place white chocolate and shortening in large bowl, stirring every 30 minutes until melted, about two minutes.
Once covered, sprinkle with glitter. Chill 30 minutes. ps-I have yet to find edible glitter.

Back
Top Bottom