ISO Egg Free, Milk Free, Cookie Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MommyDoThis

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone, I am pretty new to this website, so I hope I have the right category.

I am looking for recipes or a website that list several Eggless, Milkless dessert recipes.

I have a 5 year old that allergic to almost everything... dairy, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, and the list goes on.

Any help is welcomed, thanks!

MommyDoThis :rolleyes:

Is your daughter allergic to dates or almonds? I have some recipes that make nice sweet treats w/o baking using these ingredients. I haven't made them myself for awhile so I will dig them out if these ingredients are okay for her.

You might try vegan cookbooks for some recipes, too.

Thanks GreenLady. The weird thing is: I have a daughter 7, who is not allergic to anything but WORK, and my 5 year old son is the one who is allergic and asthmatic. Some foods trigger asthmatic attacks...

No he is not allergic to almonds or dates! I would LOVE to get some recipes. I'm not real big on Vegan stuff, (no offense to vegans), I am a down home southern girl who likes traditional foods.

MommyDoThis

Here're a few recipes. I don't know if they will be to his liking. It might give you an idea to improvise something else. Also, I am including a substitution for eggs that can be used in baking at the end of these recipes.

Tastes Like Hostess Crumb Donuts Cookies

1 c. raw almonds
1 cup very soft, pitted dates
1/2 c. finely shredded banana squash (I think other squashes might do)
1/2 c. shredded coconut
More shredded coconut for rolling
splash olive oil
vanilla
1-2 Tbs. nutmeg
sea salt

Put almonds in food processor and process to very fine pieces. Add dates, a little at a time. Add splash of olive oil, a little salt and a little vanilla. The mixture will look like very coarse meal at first, and then all of a sudden it will come together in one big ball.

Take the big ball out of the food processor and, using your hands, mix in the shredded squash, nutmeg, and shredded coconut until it is all mixed in. Taste and add more coconut or nutmeg if desired.

Roll the mixture into small balls, and roll in shredded coconut to cover. Place on a plate in a single layer and chill in the freezer until firm. After they are firm, you can put them in a container. They will keep for a very long time in the freezer.
(note: the squash sounds like a strange ingredient but it tastes fine in this recipe).

Almond Cookies

2 cups almonds
1/2 c. raw unfiltered honey (any honey would work, this is healthiest)
chopped coconut or ground nuts or cocoa powder or carob powder or ground cinnamon

Grind almonds into a fine meal. Work in enough honey to make a sticky dough. Roll into balls or log shape and roll in coconut, or ground nuts, or cocoa powder, or carob powder, or cinnamon
(This is a nice sweet treat. Again, you might want to experiment, adding other ingredients ie., ground raisins instead of dates. Soaking the dates or raisins ahead may help them blend easier.)Refrigerate or freeze.

At a health food store you can purchase various snack bars that are not only sweet, but minus the missing offending ingredients. Some brand names are: LaraBars, Bumble Bars, Maya Bars, etc. Just get to a good health food store for a good selection. These stores carry foods for people with allergies.

Egg Substitution - This recipe will bind ingredients together and baked goods rise beautifully.

1/2 c. golden flaxseed
2 c. water

1. Grind flaxseed in blender on high speed for about 1 minute
2. Add water and continue to blend for 2 minutes.

Using this mixture:
1/4 c. of flaxseed mixture= 1 egg
1 cup of flaxseed mixture = 4 eggs

This mixture can be stored in the fridge for 2 days. Only to be used in baking. Can't use as a substitute for fried eggs.

Also, almond milk or rice milk can substitute nicely for milk in recipes. These can be purchased at many supermarkets, as well as health food stores, Trader Joe's, etc.

Rice flour can be substituted for wheat in recipes. I don't know about large quantities, but for smaller amounts. You can buy rice flour or you can make your own rice flour. Take white or brown rice. Put in an electric spice/coffee blender or other high speed blender and whiz until it is the consistency of wheat flour.

I hope this helps you somewhat. There are also cookbooks written for those with allergies. One such book is "The All Natural Allergy Cookbook" by Jeanne Marie Martin. It contains a variety of recipes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom