ISO-Mojito Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gantel

Assistant Cook
I am looking for a recipe for mojito cookies, named after the drink.
Have had no luck finding one, I know they exist. Thanks for any help.
David

:?:

there is a bakery in new york that has them, Marys i think is the name. I am working on a test batch and will cook them off tomorrow. they smell very nice. when i get them close i will post them and let some of you guys bake them and see how they are. they are cuban based from the mojito drink.
If you find something let me know.
thanks
David

Mojito Cookies

Here is a very good recipe with all the same ingredients as a Mojito.

Cuban Coolers
1/2 c Butter
2/3 c Sugar
1 Egg
2 tb Milk
2 tb Rum
1 1/2 c Flour
1/2 ts Baking soda
2 ts Chopped lime zest
4 tb Chopped mint leaves

Preheat oven to 350F
1.Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and rum.
2.Mix together the flour and baking soda, and stir into the batter, but do not overmix. Stir in the lime zest and mint leaves. Let the batter rest several hours before baking.
3.Drop the batter in spoonfuls about 2 inches apart, onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 mins. or until cookies are slightly browned around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.

That's a recipe that merstarr was looking for when the food network was just closing down it's forum. I started talking to him about inventing a recipe when he suggested I hop on over to DC....and the rest is history! (I wonder whatever happened to him....)
I'm so glad you found this - we never did get the recipe done! Thanks!

I heard about those.
They were on Food Network on the show, "Recipe for Success".
I must say, I can understand why you want them, Just from looking I can tell they would be delicious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom