ISO Orange Cream Cheese Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
DH called me from work to tell me he had the best cookie at lunch (and no, it wasn't from me so this must be a "subtle" hint!). He said it was a soft, cake-like cookie topped with what he thought was an orange cream cheese icing. (He said it has a nice zip to it so I'm wondering if there's sour cream in the cookie or icing?) Does anyone have a tnt recipe for something like this? Thanks!

Sour cream(8 ounce), instant dry vanilla(French Vanilla preffered) pudding mix(3.5-4 ounce box), and unsweetened orange koolaid(1 packet).

The cookie is a cake mix cookie, usually yellow, but best if it is French Vanilla. they also had vanilla sugar cookies, these were also very good with this "frosting".

We had these last week and they are very good!

I think I made something like this once... only used lemon juice, lemon extract and lemon peel for the flavoring instead of orange. I wish I could find the recipe. They were really good.

I'm supposed to make some cookies for my son to take to Safeway next Saturday...
They are having a bake sale for breast cancer. These would be nice and tastey.

PA Baker said:
Thanks, Brian! I would have never considered orange koolaid! I'll have to give these a try!
Many, many years ago was there not a similar recipe floating around that usd Tang? I remember as kids we used to flavour and colour cakes with a pinch of Jell-o powder - made for some neat inventions :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom