ISO Pepperidge Farm Geneva-like cookie dough...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philso

Senior Cook
pepperidge farm "geneva" cookies are my wife's favorite but not available here in japan. to have them sent is really exhorbitant since the demise of international surface mail, so i'd like to try to replicate them.

i'm guessing that it would be a rolled out cookie, perhaps what may be known as a "biscuit" type along the lines of a really firm biscotti rolled out & cut. I may eventually be able to finesse a recipe on my own, but i'd like to make them by christmas and i also have the usual 8-10 fruitcakes, a gingerbread house, a couple of christmas puddings, 2-3 stollens, biscotti, etc. to pump out first.

i know that most people wouldn't even want to replicate a comercial product from their home kitchens, but any leads would be appreciated.

;)

On the surface, it looks fairly simple. It's a shortbread cookie topped with semi-sweet chocolate and pecans.

The hardest part will be getting the cookie right. You may have to dink around with recipes and thicknesses to nail it.

Once you get it, post the recipe. They look really good.

On the surface, it looks fairly simple. It's a shortbread cookie topped with semi-sweet chocolate and pecans.

The hardest part will be getting the cookie right. You may have to dink around with recipes and thicknesses to nail it.

Once you get it, post the recipe. They look really good.

thanks for the very quick reply, but i don't think it's a shortbread (as in butter, sugar & flour only). the texture is dissimilar. i'd be pretty sure that it has egg, baking powder or soda, and possibly some milk.

i don't have (and can't get) a package here, but if someone happens to have some around and could give me a list of ingredients, that would also be a great start.

if i'm going to have to finagle a recipe on my own, it's going to have to wait till after the holidays. if i'm successful though, i'll (eventually) post the recipe.

thanks again ;)

I would use a shortbread recipe for the cookie and just roll the heck out of it til it's fairly flat. Do you have Dove Dark Chocolates over there? If so, melt it and ice your cookies with it. Roast the nuts before chopping and sprinkling over the top. I think they use pecans. Dove chocolate is found in every drug store and grocery store here in the usa but it's the best chocolate for your money...i mean it...i don't fool around when it comes to chocolate :wub:

Back awaaaay from my chocolate! :angry: :-p

Back
Top Bottom