ISO Saviatta or Shavoletta Italian cookie recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
These cookies are sold in most Italian bakeries- they look like flat white lady fingers except they are crunchy not soft like a savadori which I was told IS a lady finger.I have asked my sicilian relatives if anyone has the recipe but "they no keepa the recipes so good!":-p Thanks for your help!!!Much love and energy,Vicki

Thank you both for the sites -I will check them out-the truth of the matter is I've been looking for this recipe for years-it's like the world's biggest cookie secret!!!!:)Thanks again Amber and Michael!!! Vicki

Hi Vicki,

My sister seems to think saviatta or shavoletta are also known as biscotti. If this is your cookie, two brands she recommends are "nonni's" which is sold in a tall round can, or stella d' ora in a cello package. She hopes she has helped you. Her husband is of italian heritage but has no idea about these cookies, but then again he doesnt know how to cook anything unless its sauce or lasagna :)

Thanks to you and your sis!!!

Biscotti is flat dried out bread like consistency cookies- the saviatta is almost shoe shaped and creamy white- the tops are shiny like meringues. Mmmmm I'm going to have to go to the bakery now to get some- I guess that will be kind like burning off the calories huh???:rolleyes: Thanks again to both of you for your help.Love and energy,Vicki

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom