Katie H's Cream Cheese-Butter Cashew Cookies - TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
These are sooooo good and soooo easy. I just created this recipe today. Try 'em. I bet you'll like them. Enjoy!:)

Katie H's Cream Cheese-Butter Cashew Cookies
(About 3 1/2 dozen)

1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened (no substitutions)
1 tsp. real vanilla extract
1 egg, at room temperature
1 (18.25-oz.) package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashew nuts

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until well incorporated. Reduce mixer speed and mix in cake mix and beat until fully mixed. Add chopped nuts Mix well.

Drop (about 2+ teaspoons full) onto ungreased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. They will not spread much. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for about 13 to 15 minutes or until richly golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks after removing from cookie sheets. Store in an airtight container or zipper bag when completely cooled.

I made them for a road trip we're supposed to take in a few days. Our tradition is to have homemade cookies when we go on a trip. However, they've turned out so yummy I'm not sure there'll be any left to take with us.
Katie these cookies are fantastic as is. No changes for mee. I firmly believe in making the first batch as is given to me or us. These were so good the kids took most of them home so will be making some more tomorrow after dialysis thanks Katie. a wonderful recipe.
kades:)

These sound great!

I'm thinking, spice cake mix, walnuts and raisins!

So many variations with this one!

sometime ago we had a lengthy thread about cookies from cake mix. am sure you can find it under "cake mix cookies" many people tried lots of different kinds. i think you would enjoy the thread.:chef:

Thanks, Katie H, for a nice, simple, good-sounding cookie recipe. And thanks, Babetoo, for the note about the "cake mix cookies" thread.

Katie these cookies are fantastic as is. No changes for mee. I firmly believe in making the first batch as is given to me or us. These were so good the kids took most of them home so will be making some more tomorrow after dialysis thanks Katie. a wonderful recipe.
kades:)

Thanks, kades. I'm glad they were a hit. They are so amazingly easy to turn out so fantastic. I love them. I'm so happy my experiment turned out so well.

These just got added to my Christmas cookie list! I make a butter cookie that is very similar to this without the cashews. Can't wait to try it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom