Low fat cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simonaskitchen

Senior Cook
Well, this's an old Italian recipe and the original one uses VinSanto, instead of Rhum. Anyway, I know that outside Italy it's not so easy to find a good VinSanto without paying for it the same amount we pay for a Gucci handbag! :-p
So, my version is:

500 gr white flour, 200 gr sugar, 1 glass olive oil, 1/2 glass Rhum liquor, 10 gr baking powder, 2 eggs, pinoli, almonds.
This is a very simple recipe and the result is very satisfing!
Take a big bowl and mix all the ingredients together. Then take a small part of the mixture and make a small ball. Switch the oven at 180° C and smear with some butter a baking tray, and place the balls. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes. d last for twice.
The smell is wonderful!

Simona

Somona, Need help 500 gr flour 1 cup =110 grams would that be 4 cups flour?

200 gr sugar 1 cup = 225 grams would that be l cup sugar?

10 gr Baking Powder = ? This sounds like a recipe I would like to try. Can you convert measurements for me? molto piacere a conochi....grazzi

Hi! Flour is ok, but sugar should be 1 cup and 1/2 . These cookies are not very sweet so if you use only 1 cup I think they won't be good, I'm worry they'd be tasteless. As far as baking powder, it's about 1 tea spoon.
Tha dough is quite rough, not smooth. I hope my translation is ok, arghh!:neutral:

Let me know, eh! Greetings from Tuscany! ;) Simona!

Simona Low Fat Cookies
4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 glass ( 4 ounces) Liquor
2 eggs
l glass (8 ounces olive oil)
pinoli, almonds
Do I have the recipe correct?

Back
Top Bottom