Need help with frosting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aunt Bea

Master Chef
I need to make some cookies for a football game, never volunteer! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I need a recipe for a frosting that I can paint or flow on that will dry smooth, hard and have a nice shine. I was thinking about using the recipe that I have for frosting petit fours but I wanted to see if any of you bakers have other ideas.

The cookies are traditional Christmas cutout cookies and after they have been painted I will add some additional decoration.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and giving me your thoughts.

B

I like using royal icing. I use alton brown's recipe. Royal Icing Recipe : Alton Brown : Recipes : Food Network I used "Just Whites" that are found near egg beaters in the store.

As it is it pipes beautifully, but it could be thinned with water to flow or even paint with. It dries nice and hard. I made Christmas cookies with it last year and they held together even through the mail.

This recipe is nothing revolutionary but it turned out the best of any royal icing that I have made to date, just make sure that you beat it for the amount of time called for.

I like using royal icing. I use alton brown's recipe. Royal Icing Recipe : Alton Brown : Recipes : Food Network I used "Just Whites" that are found near egg beaters in the store.

As it is it pipes beautifully, but it could be thinned with water to flow or even paint with. It dries nice and hard. I made Christmas cookies with it last year and they held together even through the mail.

This recipe is nothing revolutionary but it turned out the best of any royal icing that I have made to date, just make sure that you beat it for the amount of time called for.

Thanks, I will mix up a test batch and give it a try!

Back
Top Bottom