No Bake Cookie Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookiefan

Assistant Cook
I like to make no bake cookies during the summer and am having some digging up recipes from my past.

Here is an old favorite recipe for no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. There are lots of versions of this floating around the internet, but I prefer this one because it has a bit less sugar than most of the others.

Do you have a favorite no bake cookie recipe you would like to share?

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1910,159163-224198,00.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Cookiefan - that recipe sounds really good. I think I'll try those this morning. Thanks!

I like to make no bake cookies during the summer and am having some digging up recipes from my past.

Here is an old favorite recipe for no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. There are lots of versions of this floating around the internet, but I prefer this one because it has a bit less sugar than most of the others.

Do you have a favorite no bake cookie recipe you would like to share?

Cooks.com - Recipe - No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Wow! I checked out your recipe link and compared the ingredients to the recipe given me by my grandmother 25 years back. It's identical.

Hypothetically, since chocolate and raspberry go soooo well together, I wonder what it would be like to add little pieces of raspberry fruit leather, or a little raspberry extract to the recipe. Or maybe some dried currants or cherries would do the trick, just something to change things up a bit.

Tip, if you omit the milk from german chocolate icing, then you can take the cooked mixture and drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper, just like with chocolate no bake cookies. They are delicious. You might also add maple syrup or extract top that recipe.

Food for thought?

I know, I can hear my wife already; "Can't you ever leave well enough alone?" Sorry everyone, but I can't. It's just not in me.:neutral::)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I have made these for years and had them growing up only difference is we add shreddred coconut and the name I know them as is Chocolate Haystacks

I checked it out, sounds easy, but I'm wondering if it is crispy cookie.

No it's not crispy. It's sort of like a cross between chocolate fudge and a coconut macaroon (only with oatmeal instead of coconut).

I haven't had these in ages! Back in the 50's my mother used to make these but instead of 3 cups oats, she used 2 cups oats and 2 cups rice crispies. Her recipe also had just a little more cocoa in it - 1/3 cup.

Back
Top Bottom