no bake cookies, can't get them right

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Hi All,

I just produced another batch of crumbles that was supposed to be no-bake cookies. I like to make the kind made with sugar, milk, cocoa, oats, peanut butter, butter and vanilla. For years I have not considered these things cookies, I think they are candy. Cookies I can made, candy I can not. Is there a temperature the no bake cookies need to reach? ...instead of the directions to not let the mixture boil for more than one minute. Who knows when the boil begins??

I am so sorry your cookies didn't turn out right. (I think they are more like candy also). Here's my recipe. Might check yours to see if it's different. I don't go by boiling....I just make sure it will stir up smooth. Hope this helps!

NO BAKES

COOK TOGETHER UNTIL MELTED AND SMOOTH
2 CUPS SUGAR
1 STICK OLEO
2 TABLESPOONS COCOA
1/4 CUP MILK

REMOVE FROM HEAT AND ADD
1/2 CUP PEANUT BUTTER
2 CUPS OATMEAL
1 TEASPOON VANILLA

DROP ONTO WAXED PAPER

Hi Kaylinda,

My feeling was that I was overcooking the goo. Thanks for taking the time to answer my problem.......I looked at your website, very impressive menu and it looks like a very nice place!

Well.......I couldn't stand it. I bundled up the crumbs and tossed them in the freezer, (I have lots of experience using no bake cookie crumbles) and made another batch this morning. And they turned out good enough to serve to the guests I am expecting this weekend, coming to see the new baby goats. I cooked the goo until I saw the first tiny simmering bubble and set the timer for one minute. After one minute it had not reached a full boil, but I took it off the heat and added it to the oat mixture. I could tell right away that it was going to work, the dough was shiny and held together well when I portioned out the cookies. I am sooooooo happy!! Thanks!!

Mmmmm......sounds good.I want 2 make the No Bake cookies but B4 that there's a couple of question I want 2 ask.
what is oleo?(do u mean oreo?)
waxed paper and cookie sheet.Is it the same?
Can I use quick-cooking oatmeal?

Last edited:
I think oleo is an old fashioned term for margarine. I use butter in my cookies. Waxed paper is a product that comes on a roll, is basically paper that has been waxed. It is excellent for these no bake cookies, the cookies do not stick to it. I have never tried to place them on cookie sheets.
You can use any style oats in these cookies/candy.

wax paper goes directly on the cookie sheet pan that you will use, Zameera. It will help the cookies from sticking to the pan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom