Oreo Rice Recipe......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm .. I like rice, I like Oreo's, I like milk .. but together I'm not sure. Might try a tiny bit and see.

:ohmy:This sounds so devilishly delicious!!! definitely adding to my list of dream recipes haha!!:brows:

Has anyone on DC actually tried the recipe? If so, what kind of rice did you use (Jasmine, Basmati, Cal Rose)? And, what setting did you use on your rice cooker? I have a pressure Rice Cooker and it usually takes about an hour for rice...not 40 minutes. I'm wondering it a Porridge setting might work...or should I get my non-pressure rice cooker out and use that instead?

Wouldn't ever cook this.
Wouldn't eat it if somebody else cooked it.

But looking at it closely, it's not much worse than rice pudding. Assuming ingredients from the shreds that remain of the link to the original recipe, if divided into six servings, comes to about 640 calories per serving. None of them healthy calories mind you, but we've all seen worse.

So - I think some embellishments are in order. Here are my suggestions:

• Toasted chopped pecans and/or chopped candy korn to finish
  • Cook, stir, add mini-marshmallows as a top layer and cover for a few minutes to melt a lovely sticky cloak over the whole think. For extra wow-factor, take a small torch to them and brown. Serve with Graham crackers on the side.
  • Add sliced bananas
  • Top with raspberries and whipped cream

:chef:

Somehow, I think of this as something that could work on a Halloween themed ice cream sundae bar...or the like? It would be the molton rock or mud, maybe?

A dear friend of mine (RIP) was a huge horror movie fan. The original kind...Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman...anyway, he loved a ice cream sundae bar with things like "dirt" (crushed oreos), worms (gummy worms), blood (macerated strawberries) and such. I think this Oreo Rice would feel right at home there.

Good memories there too...

Somehow, I think of this as something that could work on a Halloween themed ice cream sundae bar...or the like? It would be the molton rock or mud, maybe?

A dear friend of mine (RIP) was a huge horror movie fan. The original kind...Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman...anyway, he loved a ice cream sundae bar with things like "dirt" (crushed oreos), worms (gummy worms), blood (macerated strawberries) and such. I think this Oreo Rice would feel right at home there.

Good memories there too...

Oh GinnyPNW! I love mud cups and stuff too, I think you're making great headway with this spooky theme crazy black chocolate rice pudding!! Growing up I went to a chain restaurant called Mimi's Cafe and they had "mudcups" with chocolate pudding, gummy worms, crushed cookies-just like you're describing! and forever they will be amazing and so fun and yummy to me <3

Oh GinnyPNW! I love mud cups and stuff too, I think you're making great headway with this spooky theme crazy black chocolate rice pudding!! Growing up I went to a chain restaurant called Mimi's Cafe and they had "mudcups" with chocolate pudding, gummy worms, crushed cookies-just like you're describing! and forever they will be amazing and so fun and yummy to me <3

Oh!! Was that the Mimi's Cafe off the 405? In, Torrance, I think? DH loved their Filet of Sole. Pretty much all of their food was/is decent. And nice staff too. I don't remember the "mudcups"...hmmmm. I know there were a few locations around town.

Back
Top Bottom