Parmesan Cookies-rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simonaskitchen

Senior Cook
That's the perfect recipe for those occasions that happen suddenly and you've just a few time to organize everything!
Here it's:
60 gr white flour, 50 gr grated parmisan cheese, 40 gr butter, some tabasco drops, salt and pepper.
Melt the chees with flour and then add butter, the tabasco drops, salt and pepper. Melt very well and prepare a roll. Then cut slices of 1 cm and adjust them on a tray. Cook in oven for 15 minutes at 180°-200° C.
You can serve them as appetizer, with some drinks, or with a vegetable soup. They're also perfect for tomatoe soup! Try it and let me know!
Simona :)

Great recipe, thanks! Parmesan shortbread is similar and very easy to do (also good to serve with soups)

Sounds wonderful and I love making Parmesan crisps for salads also - thanks, I have a huge wedge of Parm just waiting to be played with....

Simona, I just grate parmigiano-reggiano. Have a small non-stick skillet on med. heat. Sprinkle some parm into the skillet to make a round or oval - not thick, it will look lacy. When it melts together, slide out of the pan and rest the 'crisp' over a cylinder (glass on it's side, or whatever) to form a curve.

These little goodies are wonderful garnishing a green salad.

I learnt this technique from the French Laundry and use it all the time. Parmesan crisps are very, very handy and great to garnish soups and salads. If you leave them flat you can also use two or three layered with goat's cheese mousse as a starter.

Another name for them is 'fricos"--and they can be made from a variety of cheeses. They can also be formed over the bottom of a glass or cup and used for appetizer servings of salad.

Something I;ve found is that they can be a touch bitter after cooking, especially if they are cooked for a little too long. To counter this sprinkle a little brown suger aover the top before putting them in the oven.

Back
Top Bottom