Poodle shaped coffee cookies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jemma

Assistant Cook
Hi, my standard poodle service dog turns 2 next week. I'd like to bake some cookies to take to work. I have a poodle cookie cutter, I just need a recipe. I'd like a coffee flavored recipe because my dog is "cafe latte" colored. Anyone know of any cookie cutter friendly coffee flavored cookies?

Thanks,
Jemma

I'd try a sugar cookie. I think they work the best for "cookie cutter" cookies. Maybe use stong coffee or a coffee extract or coffee liquer for the flavoring.

Here is a link to an interesting recipe but you have to scroll way down to find it.
Coffee Sugar Cookies

You can google for other recipes to.

Personally, I think I would make a traditional sugar cookie and make a mixture of espresso powder and sugar to sprinkle on the tops.

Thanks guys! I never thought of using a sugar cookie for the base. I've always had a history of making the most unique looking cookie recipes I can find, so I've missed some of the basics. Cookie cutters have thus far not been part of my norm, so I didn't automatically connect them with sugar cookies.

Thanks!
Jemma

this probably does not belong here. tried to start a new thread in cakes. didn't work for whatever reason.

i bought a pan for individual gingerbread men cakes. going to make a gingerbread bundt recipe to use in them. site where i bought had a mix, but refused to pay fifteen dollars for a cake mix.

do you think it will work. does anyone have a pan like this? if so how did it work for you?

Back
Top Bottom