Question about Chocolate No Bake Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
I made no bake cookies and they didn't set up, I'm assuming I didn't let them boil long enough. Can I put them back in a pan and cook them longer?

2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup milk,3T cocoa,1tsp vanilla &1/2 cup butter. Melt together and bring to rolling boil- boli for 2 minutes, remove from heat stir in 2 cups oatmeal. Let cool- beat until smooth spoon onto wax paper.
I made these when I was young and I remember that somtimes they didn't set up,it didnt matter back then, brother and i would just use a spoon and eat it all right them.
No I didn't use a thermometer. right now they are really soft and sticky,hard to get off the wax paper, just thought I might be able to put them back in the pan and try to bring them to a boil again. DH is still eating them,but I cant put them in a container

Put the whole tray in the fridge for a while. They will set in there and be fine later.

Miss Mikki, at this stage I would not suggest you try to re-cook them. Just enjoy them with a spoon! This cookie needs to be cooked to the soft ball stage (235*-245*) on a candy thermometer. I'm guessing you didn't let this batch go quite long enough. Given time and maybe a little refrigeration they may firm up somewhat.

I wouldn't worry about it, my guess is they will all disappear.....:ermm:

:LOL:

They are disappearing. Mostly to my mouth, I just wanted to get them off my counter (out of site ,out of mind) I lost 30 lbs and i'm trying my hardest to keep it off. DH loves sweets and I love Chocolate.If they are put away I won't eat them. I need some real will power tonight as I have the munchies. Thanks for the help, I guess I'll just leave them on the counter.

2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup milk,3T cocoa,1tsp vanilla &1/2 cup butter. Melt together and bring to rolling boil- boli for 2 minutes, remove from heat stir in 2 cups oatmeal. Let cool- beat until smooth spoon onto wax paper.

i might try this :) in the fridge with after as well
thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom