Question about sprinkles in cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm making ginger biscotti. The recipe calls for poppy seeds, but I'd like to use sprinkles to make them look more festive. These are the ones I have, although I'd like to use the ones on the bottom right. Will they melt while baking? Thanks.

1206161357_HDR.jpg

After testing the sprinkles, I decided to use the larger ones on the bottom right and they turned out great :yum:

Attachments

• 1481210539854.jpg
    1481210539854.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 295
After testing the sprinkles, I decided to use the larger ones on the bottom right and they turned out great :yum:

I've have cup of coffee right here. A couple of those would go well with it.

Looks like the sprinkles melted and spread their colors a bit. Very holiday!

I've have cup of coffee right here. A couple of those would go well with it.

Looks like the sprinkles melted and spread their colors a bit. Very holiday!

Thank you! Yes, they melted just enough to look pretty but not enough to seem blurred together. I really like the effect. Thanks again for the idea :)

Very nice GG. Please post the recipe.

My aunt makes anisette biscotti.

GG, those look awesome and the recipe sounds great. Too bad that I haven't been able to adapt biscotti to gluten free yet. I am still working on it though. Maybe I will try another batch before Christmas if I get the chance and I will do this recipe!

Those look very festive, GG. I wonder how one would go with my glass of Cabernet Sauvignon...

CG, if you are looking for an excuse to do just that, remember Italians always have a glass of wine with their Biscotti. They like to dip it in the wine. Sounds like a "go for it" idea.

I'm making ginger biscotti. The recipe calls for poppy seeds, but I'd like to use sprinkles to make them look more festive. These are the ones I have, although I'd like to use the ones on the bottom right. Will they melt while baking? Thanks.View attachment 25801
HI GG, just did my cherry winks with those same kind of sprinkles in the batter for same reason, plus I also used Christmas tree shaped ones in red/green to give even more color, no prob with them melting in the cooking baking that I see

HI GG, just did my cherry winks with those same kind of sprinkles in the batter for same reason, plus I also used Christmas tree shaped ones in red/green to give even more color, no prob with them melting in the cooking baking that I see

Thank you, LEFSE! It worked out great. I'm planning to make another batch tomorrow :)

I just read an article about "Baking for Christmas and the Holidays," and she mentioned she tested that very same problem in cakes and cookies. She stated that the tiny ones will melt, but the bigger ones on the right like in your picture, do not melt. I do have to admit that the melted tiny ones in the cake gave it a very festive look. She used them in the batter, not on top of the product. For both cookies and cakes.

The ones on the bottom right, are multicolored jimmies, the top is multicolored large sugar crystals, the bottom left are multicolored 'sprinkles' or tiny candy balls? Correct?
I have some tiny chip shaped candy coated chocolate sprinkles, these are called "Rainbow Chip Crunch" made by Wilton. Then I have some multicolored flat 'confetti' sprinkles.
Has anyone baked with the last two, say in a short bread cookie, or any type of sugar cookie?

Back
Top Bottom