Quick and Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookieee

Sous Chef
I know, we shouldn't be eating these things, but they are for the grandkids. (yeah, that's it, the grandkids lol)

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/4 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/3 baking mix
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 pk. (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375F. Grease cookie sheet. Mix butter, brown sugar and egg. Stir in baking mix and flour until smooth; stir in chocolate chips Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2" apart onto cookie sheet. Bake until almost no indentation remains when touched, 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; cool. Makes about 2 dozen cookies

Source: Betty Crocker "Holiday Snack Sampler" No. 32 - 1988

Since we're talkin easy cookies, I offer this:
Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 extra large egg
1/2 cup AP flour
Combine all igredients. Make one inch balls of batter and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten gently with a fork to get the classic ridges on top. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 7 minutes. Remove from pan by sliding the parchment paper from the cookies sheet to cool.

These cookies are too soft to handle while earm, but are perfect when cooled, and are delicious. For variety, use chunky peanut butter, or add chopped nuts of your choice, or chopped crasins.

Seeeeys: Chief Longwind of the North

I know, we shouldn't be eating these things, but they are for the grandkids. (yeah, that's it, the grandkids lol)

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 1/3 baking mix

Heat oven to 375F. Grease cookie sheet. Mix butter, brown sugar and egg. Stir in baking mix and flour until smooth; stir in chocolate chips Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2" apart onto cookie sheet. Bake until almost no indentation remains when touched, 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; cool. Makes about 2 dozen cookies

When you say "baking mix", do you mean something like Bisquick or its equivalent? I'm on the search right now for an easy chocolate chip cookie recipe that I can make tomorrow to ease my boredom during our 'quarantine' period.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 1/3 baking mix

"1 1/3 baking mix" is that 1 1/3 cup of Bisquick?

Do they taste the same with Bisquick?

"1 1/3 baking mix" is that 1 1/3 cup of Bisquick?

Do they taste the same with Bisquick?

She said the "baking mix" was indeed Bisquick. I'm thinking of give them a go today, so I'll post back how they came out. I've never used Bisquick for cookies either, but it won't hurt to try.

She said the "baking mix" was indeed Bisquick. I'm thinking of give them a go today, so I'll post back how they came out. I've never used Bisquick for cookies either, but it won't hurt to try.
Yes I know it's Bisquick. I assume she meant 1 1/3 CUP Bisquick Baking Mix?

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, never noticed that either.!!! Thanks msmofet.

I hope they do taste good. I like being able to use Bisquick. Come to think of it, Bisquick should go in the "comfort food" thread. lol

Duh!! It is there. And I have already had 2 cups of coffee. What is my excuse for screwing up? lol

Oh, maybe it is called "old age". lol

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, never noticed that either.!!! Thanks msmofet.

I hope they do taste good. I like being able to use Bisquick. Come to think of it, Bisquick should go in the "comfort food" thread. lol

Duh!! It is there. And I have already had 2 cups of coffee. What is my excuse for screwing up? lol

Oh, maybe it is called "old age". lol

Comfort food indeed. I've made a lot of recipes from the Betty Crocker website.

Ah, yes. "She" should go in the comfort food thread also.

If you ever want other recipes using Bisquick, let me know. Have a binder full of them. :ohmy:

I remember my mom's old Betty Crocker binder. A huge 3-ring binder full of recipes. I still have some of her old cookbooks, but the Betty Crocker binder fell apart years ago.

The 3 main ingredients are flour, corn starch,baking soda and a bunch of other stuff. Rather than trying to find a sub for Bisquick, I would just stick to a regular recipe for chocolate chip cookies. lol

Last edited:
The 3 main ingredients are flour, corn starch,baking soda and a bunch of other stuff. Rather than trying to find a sub for Bisquick, I would just stick to a regular recipe for chocolate chip cookies. lol

This would be my answer. If you don't have Bisquick, just forget it altogether and find a typical recipe for chocolate chip cookies.

Cookieee, I still haven't made them yet. Never got around to it yesterday. I'll try and get them made sometime this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom