Quick Cookies(TNT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
My kids love these! It's been a while since I've made them so I may make some this afternoon. I have also added 1/2C. chocolate chips to the rest of the ingredients & it's yummy!!

1/4C. brown sugar
1/2C. margarine, softened
1C. flour
1tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients & roll into 1 inch balls. Place on greased cookie sheet & bake 10 minutes at 350F. Makes aprox. 12 cookies.

Last edited:
Wow! those do look quick - I'm assuming they're chewy from the brown sugar, but without eggs, do they stay little?

Yes & yes. They spread very little & they are dome shaped. If you put ypur thumb & middle finger together to form a circle, that's about the size they are.

I edited the recipe a little, it does not make 24 cookies, but only 12. Sorry about that I was looking at my notes where I had doubled it.:blush: Everything else is correct though! I've got some in the oven now & I added a little cinnamon & nutmeg to the dough.

miguzigoldfish said:
Well I was going to make them but my mom says I shouldn't cook when im sick.... I CANT TAKE IT!

Well that stinks! But I know how mothers are & you should listen to her. It'll make you both feel better!

Pdswife, my hubby has made them before & he rarely cooks anything.

Finsally got my mom to let me make them...they are really great, and the best thing is I can give them to my little cousins who are allergic to egg...and nuts.

I'm glad you liked the miguzi! Plus, your cousin can help make them! My son measures & mixes & my daughter rolls them into balls. Most of the time they look more like little eggs when she rolls them!:LOL:

Good Morning,

I have one quick question. Which flour are you using? All purpose or Self rising?

This looks so easy to make and I'm looking forward to trying it out.:chef:

I clipped that recipe from a newspaper many years ago and made it tons of times. My recipe doubles everything and doesn't make individual cookies, but splits the dough in half and press into two 1/2 in thick circles, then prick them with a fork. After baking you break off pieces to eat. It was called "Short'nin' Bread." Now I'm inspired to make it again.

I made them, and they were good. :-p Used up 3 sticks of butter though. It was worth it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom