REC - Rice Krispies Drops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ally

Assistant Cook
hi...

im tryin tis out

Krispies Drops

2 cups chocolate chips, melted
2 cups rice krispies
1 cup unsweetened coconut

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Drop by spoonful onto waxed paper. Let set and eat. If mixture becomes to firm to work with, place bowl over hot water to melt chocolate.

- > the thing is i'm not sure what unsweetened coconut is. Is it coconut milk? If its not, where can i get them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unsweetened coconut is not coconut milk. Most coconut sold in supermarkets is sweetened (read the pkg); you can find unsweetened coconut at a health food store.

sorry to bother you :blush:

but im still not sure....is it grated coconut or in a liquified form??? :unsure: as there are no health food stores in my area....

do you think i can replace it with something else???

Ally, you're certainly not bothering us! We're here for help & chat, remember!

Unsweetened coconut flakes are usually packed in 12oz. bags and generally run under $4.00 per bag.

If you can't find them in a nearby store, you can always order them via the internet. Just google it!

enjoy your crispies!

It didn't turn out too bad....:)

Made half with the unsweetened coconut and the other half without - which was more popular . My grandma (coconut lover) was the one who ate most of the one with coconut toppings...:)

Instead of mixing the coconut together, i sprinkled them on top to make them not look too dull.

Funny! Have to give you one of our family laughs. My one brother,whose wife does not cook,made some rice krispies. He brought them to my other brother in nursing home. That brother gave them to me and said I can't eat them. ( I guess when you have false teeth these things are hard to eat.) I don't know why he turned them down because normally he would eat something sweet. At least I laughed at the thought of them pulling his teeth out. Guess it wouldn't be funny if it was me. I gave them to my other brother who isn't married and has all his teeth. Life!!

Happy you understand! I don't know how I could work there permanently. My heart breaks everyday when I go there. My brother seems to be getting a feeling of not caring. I try to make him laugh but get no response. I am hoping the xrays will prove he is healing. I just think such a sad place. Something I am sure they never looked forward to

Back
Top Bottom