Snickerdoodles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, you're off the hook. I actually think you are pretty amazing for doing all the wonderful cooking you do. My DH is a sweetheart, but if I had to rely on him to do the cooking, I would starve.

I don't even know how they are supposed to turn out or taste like! As for needing 'sugar something serious' please, this is a G rated site!! LOL.

Mav, make the woman some cookies, it is easy, I will walk you through it. I even have a recipe for whole wheat snickerdoodles:LOL:. I cringe when I read about people using white flour and cake mixes to make cookies. White flour has no nutritive value and I think cake mixes use white flour and other cheap ingredients. It is easy for me to rationalize making cookies if I make them with ww flour;).

ww snickerdoodles

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 t. pure vanilla extract
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

2T. white sugar
1 1/2 t. cinnamon

Cream the butter, add the brown sugar and cream again. Add the egg and vanilla. Cream again. Add the baking powder, salt, and whole wheat flour. Stir until mixed. You can chill the dough, or not.

Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a smalll bowl. Shape an egg size piece of cookie dough into a ball and roll to coat in the sugar and cinnamon.. Place on an oiled cooie sheet, flatten dough slightly into a disc shape. Bake at 400*F for 10 minutes.

Any questions?:-p

Last edited:
My recipe calls for creme/cream of tartar, Beth...I wonder what difference it makes, if any? That sounds like a good recipe - I have lots of good whole wheat flour on hand, I think I'll try it. Mav?

I made the brownies last night, didn't feel good but made em cause the kids were begging. I might get to the snickerdoodles this weekend if all goes well.

Were you calling me Karen? LOL.

That is the way we like them too. It'd been so long since i'd made them, I wasn't sure when to pull them out of the oven. My first bath I baked for almos the full 10 min. and they're mostly all crunchy. So the second batch I pulled them out at 8 min. and they were PERFECT!! Let me know how they turn out for you!

If we made them in our psycho oven, at 8 minutes they'd be over done..... 4 minutes cooked, 4 minutes 5 seconds, they look like pumpernickle bread...LOL

Back
Top Bottom