Spritz Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeninga75

Sous Chef
Point me in the right direction if I missed a thread, I did a search.

I want to make Spritz cookies for work as we are having a pot luck/munchie day at work the 23rd of Dec. I looked online for recipes but I want to see what recipe some of you might use as I trust you all more than a random site. I have my press and I'm ready to go. I have made them before but I want your TNT recipe (if you don't mind sharing :chef:).

Here is the recipe that I like to use. It is a favorite of friends and family.

Butter Spritz Cookies

1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups flour, sifted

Preheat oven to 350° F. With a mixer cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and almond extracts and mix to incorporate. Sift together the baking powder and flour. Add to the sugar mixture. Mix until combined. Using a cookie press, press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets. Food coloring can be added to cookie dough, but be careful to not over mix. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until firm, but not browned. Makes 4 dozen cookies.

This is my mom's recipe, and they are the best I've ever eaten, bar none.

Norma Jeanne's Lemon Cheese Spritz Cookies

1 cup butter or margarine
1 3 oz pkg cream cheese
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp grated lemon rind
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt

Cream butter, cheese and sugar; add egg yolk and flavoring. Beat until light. Mix in flour and salt. Chill dough. Force through spritz gun or cookie press onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 325 for about 15 minutes. Do not allow to brown.

*Note: watch the first couple of pans of cookies closely, as cooking time may be different for your oven. They need to just get done enough to set up.

This recipe doesn't make that many cookies. I would double it, at least. Don't fail to chill the dough...about an hour is good.

Here is the recipe that I like to use. It is a favorite of friends and family.

Butter Spritz Cookies

1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups flour, sifted

Preheat oven to 350° F. With a mixer cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and almond extracts and mix to incorporate. Sift together the baking powder and flour. Add to the sugar mixture. Mix until combined. Using a cookie press, press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets. Food coloring can be added to cookie dough, but be careful to not over mix. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until firm, but not browned. Makes 4 dozen cookies.

Constance, thanks for reminding me about the chilling of the dough. If the dough for this recipe gets too soft chill it also for a hour.

I made spritz last night. I just use what's in my BHG cookbook, but I skip all the vanilla and use 1 1/2 tsp almond. I love my almond lately!

My cookie press broke though. :(
This is getting to be a quite un-merry Christmas.... that just iced the cake last night!!!!

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to use both of these. I wanted to make a lemon flavored cookie actually so that's perfect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom