Strawhead or Cheese Straws!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csalt

Sous Chef
Today I was making some cheese straws. Ogot to the rolling and twisting stage before I realised I'd forgotten to add the cheese!! Start again :rolleyes:
The results were good.

So were the stem ginger & chocolate cookies. I'll definitely be making those again.
Be-Ro - Recipe Inspiration

They are here under 'List All Recipes' then 'Chocolate & Ginger Cookies':)

Funny thing csalt I also made some cheese straws earlier in the week. I used Ina Garten's recipe but with cheese that I like (Asiago and Some Milld Cheddar) and they turned out absolutely perfect and super gourmet.

It went over very well at my ladies get together that I had on Saturday. They are practically all gone.

Asiago is such a great hard cheese and goes so well in bread and cheese straws.

What cheese did you use and did you use puff pastry sheets to make yours. Share your recipe please if you don't mind

Yakuta, if you go to this link Be-Ro - Recipe Inspiration then look under 'all recipes' then ' cheese straws' you will find the recipe I used. The only exception is I add cayenne pepper as well as mustard and when I cut the strips I twist them before putting on baking sheet. I sometimes add a sprinkle of herbs or parsley for some extra colour. I used mature cheddar.

Could you post your recipe too? or PM it to me?
Many thanks:)

Hi csalt, that sounds like a good recipe and I have to definitely give it a try. The recipe I used is by Ina Garten. Here is a link to it. It's really easy and the outcome is wow. I changed the cheese I used Asiago and mild cheddar.

Check it out -> Recipes : Cheese Straws : Food Network

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom