Sugar Cookie Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonjaktez

Assistant Cook
If I add wilton's pink coloring to a sugar cookie recipe will this mess up the recipe?

My DD wants to make pink cookies for breast cancer awareness.

Should be perfectly fine. Just remember that if you are using butter or margarine it will make them look orange...not pink. Use shortening or lard to maintain the colour's integrity.

Thank you all. I will be sure to use shortening and not butter. My DD and her best friend are going to check and see if they can make cookies and sell them at the football game and donate the money. I hope they are able to do this.

instead of "sell," ask for "donations" as it sometimes makes a difference with local laws

This is an absolutely wonderful idea. Do you have a cake decorating store nearby? There are cookie cutters in the shape of the awareness ribbon in various sizes. You can also get them online as well - I don't know how soon you need them. That might be overkill or a nice touch. Just thought I would mention it.

and sorry, but what is DD? darling daughter? I just find it funny in this particular thread...

DD is dear daughter or darling daughter. LPBeier, thanks for the idea of the ribbon cookie cutters.

If the sugar discolors the cookies, you can always sprinkle it on top, or use pink frosting. What a wonderful idea and kudos to your daughter and her friend for doing this! They must be special kids.

Not the sugar apple*tart, the margarine or butter. Shortening is white so it will maintain color integrity.

Yes, I see what you mean - I didn't say that right. I just meant if the pink sugar isn't giving you the color you want in the cookie, for whatever reason. Sorry! ;)

Yes, I see what you mean - I didn't say that right. I just meant if the pink sugar isn't giving you the color you want in the cookie, for whatever reason. Sorry! ;)

I get you now. Sorry, I was thinking of red food coloring in the liquid so the sugar bit did not compute for me.

I understood the OP to say that they were using food coloring, adding it to a sugar cookie recipe, not using colored sugar.

Hi
I'm new to this forum but would like to say what a great idea with the pink cookies. I would especially like to recommend Wyogal's "Donation" idea as people usually give lots more!! Put "suggested" price but donations welcome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom