Sugar cookies with pistaschios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phil

Senior Cook
Just before our 14 hour bakeathon last Friday, we happend to see Robin Miller on the Food Network put together these cookies.
Sugar Cookies with Pistachio and Dried Cherries Recipe : Robin Miller : Food Network
We couldn't find the the dried cherries and used dried cranberries instead. It's amazing how we butcher a recipe. However, they were super. I love the tartness of the cranberry. The only other hitch we did was use raw pistachios and roast them ourselves. Also, I couldn't seem to get the white chocolate thin enough to dip the cookies in, so I spread it on. Simply put, they were delicious and easy to make. They are now on the Christmas list.

Hmm, that sounds cool, and our ALDI carries dried cherries so that shouldn't be a problem either. I didn't see where it wanted roasted pistachios though, just lightly chopped...

Right on the pistachios.....

....but I didn't want to shell a bunch of them so I bought a pound of them directly from the Hienz Nut Co. a couple of blocks away from my shop. The lady said don't use them raw, roast them first. So, that's what we did. I wasn't sure if Robin mentioned salted or unsalted pistachios. I really can't see a salted nut in a sweet cookie. Also, I can eat a whole bag of salted, unshelled. pistachios.

I think when you're using any nut in cooking/baking it just makes sense to roast em. I mean why not? It takes minutes and the flavors and aroma are wonderful. Good eye Phil, I probably would have just tossed the raw ones right in! Great post too this recipe will kick off my bake-a-thon on wed!

Back
Top Bottom