Sugar Free Oatmeal cookies with Xylitol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PoorCooker

Assistant Cook
A VERY good sugar free cookie. Just remember to watch how many you eat. Some people can handle a lot of sugar alcohols (xylitol, malitol, ect) but others may experience a laxative effect quickly.

1/2 cup of butter
1 egg
1/2 cup of xylitol ( I get xylitol from my local whole foods store) most health stores should have this
1/4 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/8 tsp of salt
1 cup of unbleached or all purpose flour
1 1/4 cups of oatmeal ( I use the non-quick oats, whole oats)

Melt the butter and xylitol (in microwave or pan) and stir. Make sure the butter and xylitol are dissolved. I do this because xylitol granules are rather coarse in the brand I get. Since it is rather coarse, the sweetness may not be evenly distributed throughout the dough.

As long as the dissolved mixture isn't "cooking hot", you can add in the egg, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Mix well. If the dissolved mixture is very hot, let it cool enough to where you know it won't fry the egg when you add the egg in.

Now add the flour in slowly and mix well. Sir in the oats.

Let cool in the fridge for about an hour at minimum.

Drop by rounded teasponfulls and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until desired texture. I like them a little on the chewy side so I cook them for about 8 minutes. But it depends a lot on the oven.

And note: since I don't care for really flat cookies, I use a whole cup of flour. If you want a flatter cookie, reduce the flour to 3/4 cup.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom