Swedish Tea Cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spryte

Senior Cook
Swedish Tea Cakes

1 C butter (softened)

1/2 C powdered sugar

2 tsp vanilla

2 C flour

1/4 tsp salt

1 C ground pecans or almonds

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream together, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla blend

blend in remaining ingredients. Form dough into 1 in balls. Place on ungreased cookie

sheet 1 inch apart. Bake 15 - 20 minutes, until set, but not browned. Cool slightly and

roll in powdered sugar. When totally cool, roll in powdered sugar again.

Thank you. I notice that you also gave a recipe for Tosca Cookies. It seems to me that this recipe is a cookie and the other recipe is a cake. Could the names have been switched here?

hehehe... nope the names are correct. I've also seen this recipe called Russian Tea Cakes and Mexican Wedding Cookies. Although the Mexican Wedding Cookie is more cookie shaped and the Russian/Swedish Tea Cakes are ball shaped. But I would also call the Tosca cookies a tart or a tartlette.

Thanks spryte. I'll keep this on file as a variation of the Russian Tea Cakes/Greek cookies. I'll try this if the other recipe does not yield the texture of cookies I'm looking for.

Tack så mycket, Spryte, for the great recipe! .. that means thank you very much in swedish.

Back
Top Bottom