Ok folks, go easy on me this is the first recipe I have posted here. This is a recipe my Mom gave me last Christmas, she has made it several times. I have actually only made it once, but I love these cookies.
Three C’s Cookies
(Cardamom, Coconut and Cashews)
Makes: About 5½ dozen.
About 1 cup (1/2 lb.) unsalted butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sweetened flaked dried coconut
1 cup salted roasted cashews, very coarsely chopped
1. In a bowl with a mixer, beat 1 cup butter, ¾ cup granulated sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended.
2. In another bowl, mix flour, 1 teaspoon cardamom, and baking soda.
3. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture; stir to mix, then beat until blended.
4. Stir in coconut and cashews. Cover and chill dough until firm enough to shape, at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
5. In a small dish, mix ¼ cup of granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cardamom.
6. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, rolling each in cardamom sugar to coat. Set balls at least 3 inches apart on buttered baking sheets.
7. Bake in a 350˚ oven until golden brown, 9 to 12 minutes (7 to 10 minutes in a convection oven).
8. Cool on pans about 1 minute, then with a wide spatula, transfer to racks. Serve or store airtight up to 3 days, freeze to store longer.
Hope you like it,