Three C's Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh_swinehart

Senior Cook
Ok folks, go easy on me this is the first recipe I have posted here. This is a recipe my Mom gave me last Christmas, she has made it several times. I have actually only made it once, but I love these cookies.

Three C’s Cookies
(Cardamom, Coconut and Cashews)

Makes: About 5½ dozen.

Ingredients:
About 1 cup (1/2 lb.) unsalted butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sweetened flaked dried coconut
1 cup salted roasted cashews, very coarsely chopped

1. In a bowl with a mixer, beat 1 cup butter, ¾ cup granulated sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended.

2. In another bowl, mix flour, 1 teaspoon cardamom, and baking soda.

3. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture; stir to mix, then beat until blended.

4. Stir in coconut and cashews. Cover and chill dough until firm enough to shape, at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.

5. In a small dish, mix ¼ cup of granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cardamom.

6. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, rolling each in cardamom sugar to coat. Set balls at least 3 inches apart on buttered baking sheets.

7. Bake in a 350˚ oven until golden brown, 9 to 12 minutes (7 to 10 minutes in a convection oven).

8. Cool on pans about 1 minute, then with a wide spatula, transfer to racks. Serve or store airtight up to 3 days, freeze to store longer.

Hope you like it,

-Josh

Copied and saved, Josh.

This looks like a very interesting and different recipe - not just because of the 3 C's, but also the butter/sugar to flour ratio looks high to me.

I am very curious to try these cookies - thanks for posting!

Lee

thanks Josh, I'm 'not' ever looking for non chocolate cookies, I love chocolate. but I really love coconut and really love cashews and have various bags of cardamom from India that I've gathered for the last year...soooo, when I get home, I'll be in that crazy kitchen store of mine, and I'll start inventing your delicacies, thanks for sharing...........I'll post after they're made...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom