TNT Chocolate Snowballs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Taking these to the kids recital on Saturday.
Preheat your oven to 350 with a beater cream your 1 cup of butter that has softened,2/3 cup of sugar,and2 tab. cocoa. Beat in1-1/2 cups flour,then add 1 tea. vanilla and 1/2 cup chopped nuts Make into balls about 1 inch bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 15 min. Sift powdered sugar over the cookies when they have cooled.makes about 4 doz. Plus this is fast and easy to do and KIDS love them
kades

Last edited:
This would have been perfect for Caitlin's market day. I'll let her make some next time. This sounds good :)
That's great. Hope she likes them.
Here is one she might like as well.These are a lot like lace cookies but easy to handle and the dough keeps well in the frig or freezer.
Preheat oven to 350. Combine 3/4 cup of oatmeal,3/4 cup sifted flour, 1 cup of sugar,and 1/2 tea. baking powder,salt,1 tea. cinnamon,1/4 tea. ground cloves,Now combine 1/2 cup butter melted,1/4 cup milk,and 1/4 cup molasses I use the dark molasses not the light.Stir wet into dry til smooth. Chill to make handling easier.Foil line large cookie sheets then spray with non stick spray,drop batter by 1/2 teasfls 3-4 in apart about 9 per sheet bake 8-10 min let cool 1/2 min remove with spatula.
kades

Kades, you are wonderful. Another good recipe for making with my grandsons. Thanks so much.

Kades, you are wonderful. Another good recipe for making with my grandsons. Thanks so much.

Thank you for being so nice. Have fun making cookies I love to bake with my kids.
kades

Last edited:
Kades, thanks for sharing.

a question: your chocolate TNT balls contain no eggs, no bak pdr nor baking soda.....so they sound like a shortbread. Is this so?

and could I roll them in coconut before baking instead of icing sugar afterwards? I find icing-covered anything sticks to my clothing too well. :LOL:

Thanks chopper I always look for cookies the kids can help with. Hope you get a chance to make these with your babies.
kades;)

kadesma said:
Thanks chopper I always look for cookies the kids can help with. Hope you get a chance to make these with your babies.
kades;)

They will be here again on the 15th, so this will be on the "to do" list! :D

They will be here again on the 15th, so this will be on the "to do" list! :D
Great, have a blast making cookies. I made some with a cake mix and also some easy sugar cookies today. the sugar cookies were so good and i added half a bag of those broken up skorr pieces to them oh my were they good.
kades

Kades, thanks for sharing.

a question: your chocolate TNT balls contain no eggs, no bak pdr nor baking soda.....so they sound like a shortbread. Is this so?

and could I roll them in coconut before baking instead of icing sugar afterwards? I find icing-covered anything sticks to my clothing too well. :LOL:

Soma,
I made Kadesma's snowballs tonight, I liked your idea of rolling them in coconut before baking, so I did it. They were wonderful! Great idea, the coconut gets all toasty. I will sure make them again, so thank you for the great idea and thanks to Kadesma for the recipe!

image-3331199565.jpg

Back
Top Bottom