"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2021, 11:16 AM   #1
Certified/Certifiable

What is your favorite brand of ice cream sandwich, and why?

Surprisingly, Walmart's Great Value ice cream sandwiches are pretty good, I also like Boy, and Blue Bunny. Annie's ice cream sandwiches, to me are disappointing. I've found that I don't really care for a lot of the Anni's brand products. Though the product totes good, I avoid Nestle products as I don't like the way they do business. But that's m opinion.
Klondike Ice Cream Sandwiches are very good.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 11:31 AM   #2
Sous Chef

The only ice cream I buy are… Haagen-Dazs, Ben & Jerry's, and Talenti, none of which make a sandwich. But the Haagen-Dazs ice cream bars are great (especially the vanilla ones with the milk chocolate/toasted almonds coating).
WhateverYouWant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 02:26 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I have never enjoyed ice cream sandwiches. I find the baked slices that hold it together completely unappealing. I can imagine one that might be good, with a better "cookie" part.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:12 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I have never enjoyed ice cream sandwiches. I find the baked slices that hold it together completely unappealing. I can imagine one that might be good, with a better "cookie" part.
I agree, any ice cream sandwiches I've tried might have good ice cream but they're let down by the cookie. So.... try this recipe - it's easy and tastes so good, especially with homemade ice cream -

https://www.seriouseats.com/homemade...dwiches-recipe

I miss Tillamook ice cream, it's only available across the border in Washington state, so I won't be able to get any until the border opens again. They always have interesting flavours, like huckleberry pie, which has both berries and pastry mixed in.
summer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 11:16 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer57 View Post
I agree, any ice cream sandwiches I've tried might have good ice cream but they're let down by the cookie. So.... try this recipe - it's easy and tastes so good, especially with homemade ice cream -

https://www.seriouseats.com/homemade...dwiches-recipe

I miss Tillamook ice cream, it's only available across the border in Washington state, so I won't be able to get any until the border opens again. They always have interesting flavours, like huckleberry pie, which has both berries and pastry mixed in.
That recipe looks good, but far more effort than I am willing to put in for an ice cream sandwich. Now, if I were young and had young children, I might think it was worth the effort.
Old 07-15-2021, 12:49 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
That recipe looks good, but far more effort than I am willing to put in for an ice cream sandwich. Now, if I were young and had young children, I might think it was worth the effort.

I hear ya! My husband loved ice cream, and I'd make this for him, but he passed away a few months ago. No little kids around, our daughter doesn't eat sugar these days, so I don't bother putting in the effort.
I guess that's true for a lot of the cooking I don't do much these days -- I've lost weight since my husband passed.
summer57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cream, ice cream, other, sandwich