White Chocolate Chips..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought a bag of white chocolate chips a while ago because they were on sale.. but I can't think of what to do with them.

I know there's some chocolate chips cookie recipes that use White Choc., and I know White Choc. Macadamian Cookies. But I don't have reg. choc. chips or macadamian nuts. So I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for some kind of cookie, or brownie, or something I could use them for.

Thanks!:chef:

you could just make your regular brownie recipe (I like the one on the back of the nestle's unsweetened squares box, called one bowl brownies) and throw 'em in.
Otherwise I know I've seen a "backwards" choc chip cookie recipe, maybe on the bag or nestle.com its a choc cookie with white chips.

if you cant find them i have a nestle book I'll look 'em up for ya.

You could just make chocolate chip cookies but just use the white chocolate chips, or do as Suzi suggested that sounds yum!
Otherwise a Google search should probably turn up some things. Right now I can't think past the white chocolate chip macadamia cookies LOL.
I also love making blondies with butterscotch chips!

my other thought is just open the bag and munch......
I end up doing that sometimes for my 2 yr old daughter. :angel: But now I have to watch that they dont go in her nose..... :ohmy:
Somehow she's a choc freak.:rolleyes:

Been there done that too! LOL
In all honesty I love white chocolate, even more than most regular chocolate, so I really should know more recipes using them!
I am thinking you could melt them down for a white chocolate cheese cake, or a white chocolate flan, maybe some white chocolate pudding?

You could always make decorations with it. Melt it down as per the directios on the package, trace or draw any design you want onto some wax paper, then trace it with the chocolate. Add food coloring to the chocolate to make the different colors for your design! Pop it in the fridge to chill for an hour or so and transfer your designs to whatever you want. Birthday cakes, cupcakes, or just pretty little tidbits to snack on if you like white chocolate. You can also lay down lollipop sticks and thn do your design over those, when dried, peel from the wax paper and add a bit more cocolate to the back to cover the stick. Tasty.

I also use white chocolate chips in my fudge. It adds a different flavor and everyone that has my fudge likes it. As far as what six said, make sure you add the shortening to the white chocolate. It won't melt otherwise (at least not creamy before it burns). I have some ideas to make flowers and bumble bees and all kinds of different things. Piping it works great. And it's fun, too!!!

Yeah, I thought about that.. I have about half a bag of pretzels I could use.

The white chocolate cheesecake sounds Yummy! But the reason I say cookies, or brownies, is because i'd like for my husband to be able to take them to work with him, and leave out for the customers to eat.

Should, baking cocoa is baking cocoa as far as I know. Only difference should be one is made by Nestle and the other is made by someone else.

The other night I put Choc. chips on my Peanut Butter sandwich....it was good..i will do it again.

thats the one! I was gonna look it up but had to put the monsters.... oops kids to bed.
They really are good cookies. :)

Or white chocolate covered raisins. I did a white chocolate fresh berry miniature cup as part of my final exam in Pastries in college. Chef thought it was highly original, especially as it was an "on-the-fly" idea after my original miniature desserts didn't turn out.

If you add food coloring to white chocolate, make sure it's either fat-soluable, or the powdered kind (same thing?).

Melt some white chocolate, and just dip cookies into it, and lay them out on waxed paper until the chocolate sets. Dip some strawberries in the white chocolate. Take a balloon, blow it up until it's about 6" in diameter, and seal the balloon with a clothspin or something. Drizzle the melted white chocolate all over the balloon in a "lacy" pattern. Let the chocolate harden. Deflate the balloon, and use the chocolate "bridge" or "lacy dome" as a garnish or shell over a plated dessert.

Seven Layer bars using white chocolate chips?

Homemade chocolate ice cream with white chocolate chips?

Seriously, don't get me started :chef:

Opps. Forgot to add, white chocolate truffle! Maybe paired with a raspberry filling.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom