Will never make whole wheat flour cookies again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bethzaring said:
#1. A lot is not known about food, nutrition and how if effects the human body.

#2. Check the sources for any information you read. Very important who is giving the data, is it reliable, has it been documented, have there been scientific trials and what were the results, read the test results yourself.......

Very interesting that you were told "A lot is not known about food...." as there is an infinitesimal amount known about food and nutrition, the problem is that the people that produce white stuff, sugar stuff, addictive stuff, happen to hold the reins of power (media, money, government subsidies).

Most of the studies that have been done on healthy food and healthy eating have been privately financed and supported by only about 10% of the population. This 10% has been able to ignore the incredible bias by the majority of the earths population (an even larger percentage living in North America, as Europeans usually have a better understanding of whole foods and nutrition, as well as an appreciation for same) that it makes it easy to use ridicule for people that eat good healthy foods, to shame people into quick easy junk & fast foods. Most people who try healthy foods fall into a few basic catagories.

1. If they don’t change there diet they will die a slow miserable death.
  2. They love there children.
  3. They can not endure the pain caused by bad food any more.
  4. They love whole, healthy foods.

This list is unresearched, please feel free to abidge or in anyway edit it... - Bri
At least that’s how I see it.

bethzaring said:
I am wondering if the brand of whole wheat flour has contributed to some of your problems. I have used Arrowhead Mills, Bob's, Bob Evans, Hodgson Mills and King Arthur flours with excellent results. King Arthur is now carrying a White Whole Wheat flour, reportedly with a milder flavor.
I use whole wheat flour exclusively in bread, rolls, cookies, brownies, pie crusts, pancakes, and muffins.
I use 50/50 white/whole wheat flour in one dinner roll recipe, pizza dough and french bread. And the white flour I buy has not been bleached, it is labeled as unbleached.

I use over 400 pounds of flour a year and most of it is whole wheat. I believe what you eat has an effect on your health. I also believe that food is perishable. Anything that has a shelf life of a year, (white flour, shortening, cake mix) is not real food and I won't buy or eat it.

:clap: Thanks bethzaring, I couldn't have said it better. I only use home ground wheat, spelt, kamut, oats, barley, rice and some rye. Wheat is the smaller percentage of my usage. I make breads, pasta, muffins, pizzas, you name it. With time and practice and a willingness to be healthy - which I have not always had by the way - I have had very good results. P.S. the books I mentioned earlier can help anyone who wants to get good results in this area. An impressive aray of suppliers bethzaring. I have to go right to the farms to get most of my produce, and I have to be carefull to ask for human grade as the farmers and mills have a tendance to think that I want to feed my stock :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom