Allen’s Perfect Peanut Butter Fudge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I made this last night. It's almost gone now, so I'll have to make more. I have plenty of stuff to make it with :)

I did notice one thing. As I was cooking the sugar, I noticed that some browned "stuff" started coming up as I cooked it. At first, I thought I was burning the sugar on the bottom of the pan, but then, I realized it was just the butter solids cooking. If you make this, don't be surprised to see some browned bits floating around as the sugar is cooking. It dissappears when you add the last two ingredients and finish the fudge.

Allen’s Perfect Peanut Butter Fudge
Makes: ~ 4 ½ #

one 12 oz can evaporated milk
1 c (2 sticks) butter
4 c white sugar
1 c crunchy peanut butter
One 7 oz jar marshmallow crème

Grease a 9 x 13” baking dish and set aside. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, place the butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a simmer. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Once it boils, place a candy thermometer into the mixture, not touching the bottom, and cook to the softball stage, between 234 - 240°F (112 - 116°C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in peanut butter and marshmallow crème. Beat vigorously until smooth. Pour quickly into prepared baking dish. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.

Allen.. can I make this with creamy instead of crunchy peanut butter?? I don't care for hard bits in my soft fudge.

That sounds awesome Allen, I'm going to pass this recipe along to my folks, it will certainly be a hit with them! (BTY, great name for this fudge, it sounds like a brand name product, and probably tastes miles better!) :)

pdswife said:
Allen.. can I make this with creamy instead of crunchy peanut butter?? I don't care for hard bits in my soft fudge.

Certainly! I just used the crunchy stuff, as PeppA asked for that.

Back
Top Bottom