Chocolate/candy molds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I bought some white candy coating pieces (Wilton) and some molds (santa) for the first time. They were easy and fun. Now I'm wanting to make chocolate santas. I'm picky on my chocolate. Any suggestions on decent chocolate for use in santa molds?

Bernard Callebaut or Ghirardelli's. If you don't have bulk chocolate anywhere, buy some big Lindt bars.

Bring on the dark chocolate, do you have "Nestle, Club" chocolate OMG i would devour all of them LOL

If you're making filled chocolates, use a 60% cacao or higher for your shell and then a semisweet for your ganache. If you're just making solid chocolate molds though, I like the milk chocolate suggestion, or a slightly sweet dark chocolate.

As for brands, I use Ghiradelli almost exclusively for my chocolate work, although I'be begun to see Valrhona bars in the stores recently, and despite my temptations, the price tag on Valrhona chocolate is just too much for me.

Guittard makes a wonderful milk chocolate, but the kind I like is very picky about what temp it is melted at, it can bloom easily (white coating all over it). It's still edible but does not look as pretty.

Bring on the dark chocolate, do you have "Nestle, Club" chocolate OMG i would devour all of them LOL
Have you tried the Lindt black balls? I think they are 60% but they could be 70%. Let them go ever so slightly warm, just so they aren't hard and then when you bite into them you get this flow of liquid dark chocolate!! Bliss. I don't really care that much for chocolate but I can handle one of those every so often. <deep sigh>:angel:

Oh man lindt................drooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllll

Never warmed the Lindt balls. What a great idea!

Last time I melted chocolate (Cadbury Dark Cooking Chocolate) I made my own coffee shots with coffee beans OH YEAH! Make a few moulds with coffee beans if u like coffee, Angie, YUM!!

They didn't really turn into coffee shots, more like coffee shot sticks lol I have an ice cube tray that it is in the shape of long thin sticks that you can put into bottles, so i poured the melted chocolate in there and pressed the coffee beans into it.
so so good! might try diff coffee beans next time.

Back
Top Bottom