Fudge?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I'm only able to read half your mind...scary, huh?:LOL:

That may be because I only have half a mind, as in, "I've half a mind to feed you dirty-sock-soup tonight, if you don't start behaving!"

Not a threat at you PriFi, but rather, empty threats thrown my kids way when they were younger, mostly for my own amusement when I saw their faces crinkle in disgust at the idea.:ROFLMAO: Have to say though, they turned out incredible, once they got past the teenage, brain-damaged years.:LOL:

They's all say in unison if asked if I had only half a mind, - YES!:ohmy:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Amwazable said:
I see, so the main reason you'd suggest getting a tailor-made one is that the steam can escape when the two pans aren't designed to fit together? I doubt I'll be able to afford/bother to buy a proper one, so if I am just using a bowl over a pan, what things do I need to look out for (obviously making sure not too much steam escapes)? :)

I found one at TJ Maxx dirt cheep and it has lasted me years. A stainless steel mixing bowl will work in a pinch both being stainless steel and it will creat the seal you are looking for. But keep your eyes put for the double boiler when you find one you can afford just snatch it up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom