Going to try making hard candy tonight.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hah! we could save money in the next war.
TATTRAT, get that pattented!
Make millions!

yes, very. Infact it will attract people with it's smell to a point where they are sculded alive in sugar.
haha

Just to reiterate robert's post- Sugar burns suck. They're much worse than most anything I can think of actually, because the sugar is sticky, and that molten sugar sticks to your skin. I've been a victim of a minor sugar burn, and I can tell you it's definiitely not an experience you want to deal with.

I haven't gotten to make any. :(
My parents dont want me making a mess cause some friends from BC are visiting for a while.

Gobo: just to let you know, getting your mixture to the right temp takes more than a few bubbles. There are some good video's at the library which show candy making. Hard crack stage, soft ball set....we all have a different view of what that looks like. Candy temps are pretty cheap, you need to borrow one. Your sugar mixture will bubble for five minutes or longer to get to hard crack or even soft ball.

sugar

yeah you can either use the methods we have discussed or the thermometer...but either way it will take different times evertime to make candies because it all depends on how much water is in it and how hot the fire is burning on the stove as well...so just be patient as you work with it...
And by the way...the nougat recipe is up(goboenomo)....I would suggest doing the other candies first because this one is alittle difficult but try it out if you want. Have a good one...

Bye for now,
Robert
www.chocolateguild.com

Back
Top Bottom