ISO hard candy help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela 14

Assistant Cook
I am making hard candy lollipops using silicone molds. The surface of the candy looks like it has tiny poped bubbles all over it. I'm looking for tips on how to ovoid this. i have tried a lower cooking temp, I have tried letting the candy cool till it is clear, i do not stir while its cooking. I dont know what else to do any help would be great

After reaching the hard-crack stage, reduce you heat to barely enoigh to maintain the liquid state. Let sit for 15 minutes to allow the buubles to rise and pop.gently pour the candy into the lghtly oiled molds and let cool at room temperature until solid.

Think of the molten sugar as ucitrd epoxy
It needs to rest, to let the bubbles rise out.

Seeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

"ucitrd"
unknown thing.
Chief, you really need to so something about the typos.

"ucitrd"
unknown thing.
Chief, you really need to so something about the typos.

Yes, that would be "uncured"
The brain is still willing, but swelling of the retina, and inaccurate fingers betray me. I really do try to proofread everything, but still miss things. Please be patient, and I will try harder.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Yes, that would be "uncured"
The brain is still willing, but swelling of the retina, and inaccurate fingers betray me. I really do try to proofread everything, but still miss things. Please be patient, and I will try harder.

Don't you have a spell checker in your browser? Mine underlines misspelled words with a squiggly red line, so I notice. Then, if I right click, it gives me suggestions.

Swelling of the retina sounds unpleasant. Are you seeing an ophthalmologist for that?

Don't you have a spell checker in your browser? Mine underlines misspelled words with a squiggly red line, so I notice. Then, if I right click, it gives me suggestions.

Swelling of the retina sounds unpleasant. Are you seeing an ophthalmologist for that?

you know that swelling of the retina thing? It happened after cataract removal. It makes it difficult to even see the little red line that underscores the misspelled words. There is a distortion in the center of each eye, the right eye being worse than the right. I can see distance, but have difficulty with close vision.

It's a pain for me as well as it makes me look like an idiot I don't like looking like an idiot.

you know that swelling of the retina thing? It happened after cataract removal. It makes it difficult to even see the little red line that underscores the misspelled words. There is a distortion in the center of each eye, the right eye being worse than the right. I can see distance, but have difficulty with close vision.

It's a pain for me as well as it makes me look like an idiot I don't like looking like an idiot.

Oh dear. Is this, hopefully, a temporary thing?

Not to worry... I find it fun to try to decipher your spelling errors..

Of course, I'm old and easily amused.. ;):LOL:

Rock on, Chief...

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom