Heavenly Popcorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
HEAVENLY POPCORN​
14 to 15 C. plain popped corn
(remove any uncooked kernels)
2 C. dry roasted peanuts
1 lb. chocolate confectionery coating
(almond bark, candy coating)
3 T. creamy peanut butter
In a large deep roasting pan, combine popcorn and peanuts. In the top of a double
boiler over simmering water, melt coating and peanut butter, stirring occasionally.
Pour over popcorn mixture and stir to coat. Stir gently with a large spoon until it is
not real hot, then use your hands to toss and coat the popcorn evenly. Spread
evenly on wax paper. Allow to set about one hour.
Break apart any extremely large chunks and store in an airtight container. Yields 5
to 6 quarts​

Different

Sounds wonderful! You try it? Guess I am not going to worry about my weight this year. Will this go okay with vodka martini? I guess I will busy in the kitchen until the New Year rings in. Popcorn is one of our favorites and this will make it even better.

Already Eating Before Time to Set

What is the deal? when I try to fix surprise, hey hear the corn popping and wait to see what it is? Well, half of it gone and I am not going to store to get more. Only bought enough for one sitting. This is very good and I thank you for posting. Easy and different. What better way to bring in the New Year than with something you never had before! Chocolate Popcorn. Thanks and Happy New Year to you!

popcornq

you think this puts lot of weight on? they want to fix more but I have to get other stuff out of way. They like it real well. They even know there is peanut butter in the chocolate! that is pretty good I can't taste it.

Mmmm...and here I was thinking popcorn could not get any better than how it is already!

Dina

Just give this one a try and let me know if you feel the same way? I never tought chocolate popcorn would make a difference? Really a good one.

corazon90 said:
what is chocolate with confectionery coating? Is this something you can find in any grocery store?
Some grocery stores carry it in the baking aisle. I get it in the candy making section of a craft store. It is much easier to work with than regular chocolate. You can get it in milk chocolate, cark choclate, chocolate mint, white chocolate (vanilla) (also comes in different colors) and peanut butter. It does not need to be tempered. Wilton is one brand. The individual pieces of candy coating are usually disk shaped. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom