ISO: A way to make semi-sweet, sweet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Is there something that can be added to semi-sweet chocolate chips afer melted to make it sweeter? Maybe like powdered sugar? I want it to still be solid enough for dipping though.

I'd give it a try ... It would be sweeter.. but add a little at a time or it'll get too stiff

texasgirl said:
Is there something that can be added to semi-sweet chocolate chips afer melted to make it sweeter? Maybe like powdered sugar? I want it to still be solid enough for dipping though.
Texas,
do you want your chocolate like fondue chocolate or like you would use to dip strawberries that will harden as they sit? I use an electric fondue pot for dipping fruits and pound cakes, it keeps it nice and warm and creamy..If making a fondue chocolate, you can use a sweeter chocolate..Let me know I'll look in my fondue book and see what I can find for you.

kadesma:)

Last edited:
I was dipping strawberries. I have never done fondue. Yes, I'm weird :eek:)
I ended up adding powdered sugar and then a little Crisco shortening to soften it back up. It turned out pretty good. It was as hard as what normally goes on them, but, it was good.

Hello

Hi sorry to intrude, but i'm doing a shool project and i was wondering if anyone knew if there was candy cake to make. someone in my class was asking.

thanks

sandwich said:
Hi sorry to intrude, but i'm doing a shool project and i was wondering if anyone knew if there was candy cake to make. someone in my class was asking.

thanks

Start a thread with a title like ISO: Candy Cake recipe. Also, describe what you mean by it. Is it made with a certain type of candy like snickers or milky way or what. Hope it helps!!

texasgirl said:
I was dipping strawberries. I have never done fondue. Yes, I'm weird :eek:)
I ended up adding powdered sugar and then a little Crisco shortening to soften it back up. It turned out pretty good. It was as hard as what normally goes on them, but, it was good.
Texas, we have chocolate dipped strawberries often, the kids love them as do I, but I'm lazy and I buy a type of chocolate that is for dipping and is in the grocery department, you microwave, stir and dip, put the fruit on waxed papaer,or foil or parchement and it sets up fast and you have beautiful chocolate covered fruit, I believe they also have a white chocolate out as well..If you can't find any, let me know and I'll send you some, for the next time :-p

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom