ISO help w/baker's choc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mumu

Senior Cook
I never used these before.... Bakers choc. semi sweet or German choc. etc. But i have a rec. that says to use the bakes german sweet choc. and i noticed this product comes in a bar instead of indiv. wrapped sq. of 1 oz.. My rec. say to use the german choc. but says 4 (1 oz.) squares. The box says it is 4 oz. wt. Do i use the whole box or just 4 of the squares? THX

sorry here is the rec. link....
German Sweet Chocolate Cake I Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Baker's is the the company name (now owned by Kraft). Their original chocolate factory is just a few blocks from my house.

German's is a type of mild chocolate that they make.

You use the whole bar. Your recipe is confusing like they haven't used the product before.

Here is Bakers original recipe for German's Chocolate Cake: RECIPE OVERVIEW

thank you ..by the way Kraft has a cake called Moms Easy Cake. They mention only using 2 squares of german sweet choc.. Am I right in thinking just 2 squares break off , not talking oz. here? THX

thank you ..by the way Kraft has a cake called Moms Easy Cake. They mention only using 2 squares of german sweet choc.. Am I right in thinking just 2 squares break off , not talking oz. here? THX

If you're using the Baker's brand, each square = one ounce. If you're using another brand, each square may not be one ounce. Your best bet is to go by the ounces rather than the number of squares.

using the bakers brand the german sweet choc. each squares here dont equal 1 ounce.
it is a bar with 18 squares and the wt on the box says 4 oz. I think its like 4 and half squares = 1 oz. If i am wrong please correct me.

using the bakers brand the german sweet choc. each squares here dont equal 1 ounce.
it is a bar with 18 squares and the wt on the box says 4 oz. I think its like 4 and half squares = 1 oz. If i am wrong please correct me.

Your calculation is correct.

the bakers german sweet choc. is one solid bar. the squares are not indiv. wrapped so each square here does not equal 1 oz. or am i wrong? There are 18 squares and the box says 4 oz. Thinking 4 and half is = to 1oz.

Back
Top Bottom