Ladurée's macaroons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks.

I watched the video, love it...why don't we have a store like that here? (well, in Canada at least, maybe in French Quebec).

Then I watched the 'making macaroons with recipe'... video (after main video ends, it's second from the right, top row... pic looks like a multi-layered confection).

It's all spoken in French, and I'm rusty....but managed to understand most of it except for the part around 1:12-1:16....where she seems to be adding unwhipped egg white (which looks suspiciously yellow) to the ground almonds.

Anyone here know French? I am awaiting a response from my son and daughter (who live in dift parts of this vast country)....they both studied French in school, were in the French immersion all the way through their 13 years....so I HOPE they remember it.

If any of you can help with the translation of that small bit, I'd be appreciative! TIA.

Thanks.

I watched the video, love it...why don't we have a store like that here? (well, in Canada at least, maybe in French Quebec).

Then I watched the 'making macaroons with recipe'... video (after main video ends, it's second from the right, top row... pic looks like a multi-layered confection).

It's all spoken in French, and I'm rusty....but managed to understand most of it except for the part around 1:12-1:16....where she seems to be adding unwhipped egg white (which looks suspiciously yellow) to the ground almonds.

Anyone here know French? I am awaiting a response from my son and daughter (who live in dift parts of this vast country)....they both studied French in school, were in the French immersion all the way through their 13 years....so I HOPE they remember it.

If any of you can help with the translation of that small bit, I'd be appreciative! TIA.
Of course it was hard to understand. She mumbles. It was some kind of dry, yellow powder to which she adds the almond powder. I watched the part around that several times and I don't think she actually says what the dry, yellow stuff was. The beaten, coloured egg whites get added later. Maybe it was brown sugar?

Back
Top Bottom