Marshmallow candies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JulesMichy

Assistant Cook
Hi, I'm new the forum and just have a quick question. I plan on making different marshmallow candies this year for Christmas. I got the idea after watching the Iron Chef America Holiday Dessert Challenge, where Paula Deen and Kat Cora made marshmallow stars with crushed red hots in them. I thought that sounded delicious, and came up with a few variations on the idea.

One of which is a marshmallow flavored with mint extract dipped in chocolate. The problem is, I've never used mint extract before, and have no idea how potent the stuff is or how much to add.

The recipe I'll be using is Alton Brown's "Homemade Marshmallow" recipe located on the Food Network site. I'd link to it, but I haven't accumulated 20 posts yet, so I can't post links.

If anyone could help me out by letting me know how much extract I should use for this recipe to provide a nice, minty flavor without being overpowering, I would be very grateful.

Marshmellow candies sound delicious. I have always wanted to make homemade marshmellows as well as homemade tootsie rolls...one of these days I'll get around to it.

I have used mint extract in cookies & a little went a long way for me. I want to say I just used a few drops. If I were you, I'd make a test batch with a little & see if you like it. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but be sure to let us know how they turn out. Happy holidays!

Back
Top Bottom