Marshmallow creme fudge problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debbie

Senior Cook
For years, I have made my fudge with Marshmallow creme.. always turned out perfect.. never had to worry.. NOW I can't find any kind of marshmallow creme anywhere! ick.. sooo what are my options here? Can I make marshmallow creme homemade? can I just use marshmallows? Give up and find another recipe.. WHICH I just hate to do.. help.. :)

Have you done a google search for Marshmallow Fluff? It will lead you to the corp. website where you can contact them about where the nearist place you buy it.

Yes I did.. but haven't heard anything.... wonder if I can just make my own somehow??

Debbie said:
Yes I did.. but haven't heard anything.... wonder if I can just make my own somehow??

I just did a google search on - recipe for marshmallow creme

There are a lot of recipes and it looks simple.

really???? I did a search and I couldn't find anything... ok searching again... thanks Andy!

You could try out a different fudge recipe too. There are jillions around here.

I would recommend going to the Eagle brand site and looking for their recipes, easy, just a couple ingredients and killer good.

hmm never thought about Eagle brand.. I just always made the fudge recipe on the back of the marshmalow creme jar, and it always turned out perfect.. hmm I will have to check that out. thanks!!

Last spring I made homemade marshmallow creme and it was wonderful! I'm not a huge marshmallow fan (unless it's on a stick over a fire) and I was impressed by this recipe. It's a recipe by Ina Garten from the Foodnetwork website (I saw the show then did a search for the recipe). It is a super simple recipe but you do need a stand mixer or a heavy duty hand mixer as you let the ingredients beat on high for 15 minutes. If I recall correctly, it is simply gelatin you let bloom in water, sugar and vanilla.

We prepared it like she had on the show, spread over toasted coconut with more coconut over the top, then allowed to set and cut into bite size squares. However, when I scraped it out of the mixing bowl, it was identical to Fluff (my husband mixed some with peanut butter and declared it good!).

Hope that helps!
I'll try to figure out how to do the link thing ...

(edited because I apparently do not know how to spell today!)

Last edited:
I've got a an old peanut-butter and marshmallow creme fudge that I make from time to time - mostly because it is just so fast and easy to make. I use Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme. There is another brand right next to it, but don't recall which. For me, it's in the baking/sugar/spices/oils aisle. I've got a couple of marshmallow creme formulas, but, for me, scratch marmalllow creme isn't worth the effort just to add to fudge.

I know.. :( I sure wish they had it here.. but I ask and again, they look at my like I am crazy, and say " I have never heard of it" I even wrote Kraft Canada, and asked where I could get it.. but they have not responded.

Debbie, it was just like the jarred stuff until it set up over night. Then it was stiff like the formed marshmallows you buy.

D Blackwell and Alix ... you know that bread recipe floating around that it so easy? This stuff was easier. Bloom the gelatin while you heat the corn syrup, sugar and vanilla then whip it all together in your mixer for 15 minutes. That's it. Done. Trust me, the flavor is wonderful alone (and again, not a big marshmallow fan here) so I can only imagine what it would do for a fudge recipe.

Kraft marshmallow creme

I'm new here...I just finished my marshmallow creme fudge; it isn't cool yet. I purchased my Kaft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme at my Vancouver, B.C. IGA. Like you Debbie, I could not find it, until I ask a woman staff person of a certain age. It was with the ice cream syrups etc. Good luck

carol

Back
Top Bottom