Oreo creams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shannon in KS said:
Have you seen the mint oreos? Those might be good too!!!
I think that they would also be good with the chocolate creme Oreos.
00727cf.gif

Well, I guess I know what I'm going to make next with my new Chocolate Dipper I got for Christmas!
It's amazing what you can do with an oreo!

jkath said:
Well, I guess I know what I'm going to make next with my new Chocolate Dipper I got for Christmas!
It's amazing what you can do with an oreo!

how big is the chocolate dipper? big enough for a seat?

ah ha. ha. ha.

It only melts 8oz at a time, but it's just the right amount for what I've seemed to be making. I dipped my tiny hazelnut toasties in it (cookies, silly), which were really good, but the dipped peanut butter cookies were fabulous!

How abou t a recommendation of some good chocolate to use? Good ole Hershey's or perhaps something a bit more fancy?

yeah you can. .i just use a pampered chef food chopper and chop them up that way. . im just not sure how they will come put if you chop it up in to super fine pieces. .but they are reallllly good

I used chocolate chips but the melt came out very thick. I couldn't get it to thin out enough to make an even coating of chocolate. I froze the balls almost completely through so that helped keep everything intact. I also ground up the Oreos in a FP and it made for a ginosh type texture efter the cream cheese was encorporated.

They are very good, nettie!! I didn't think about using the mint ones. I was going to use the peanut butter ones next. I love Reece's candy :eek:)

When I crush up cookies, I put them in a ziploc gallon sized freezer bag, and unzip only 1/2" at the top. Then I use a rolling pin to crush them, thus no crumbs on the counter.

As for the dipping, I use chocolate that is specifically made for dipping. It comes in solid form, and cools within minutes to a very hard coating.

CQprod.jpg

Here's a link to it:
www.candiquik.com/ Products_cq.html

I couldn't get dipping chocolate but i found that if the balls of cookie and cream cheese were really cold and i used cooking chocolate not eating chocolate they worked out fine.

Since i haven't done much of this type of cooking i am not real fast at it so if they weren't really cold they began to melt and go out of shape before they were covered in chocolate.

MochaBean04 said:
these are awesome!!!!! I feel bad not know the exact amount of cream cheese but the lady I got this from said one package. . .

1 package creamcheese
1 package oreos
chocolate for dipping

-crush oreos
-mix together cream cheese and oreos
-roll in to balls
-dip in to chocolate

these are soooooo good. I thought they were going to taste gross but they were awesome.
I've loads of quest here.sorry 4 that..........when crushing oreos,do u crush the whole sandwich 2gether or remove the cream fisrt,or u don't use the cream?and how much cups of chocolate chips do it need?where do u store the oreo balls?(in the fridge or room-temperature)

:ermm:I hope u understand what I meant.I'm not realy good in English(but I always scored A in my English test) cuz I am a 13 year old malaysian girl.:blush:hehehe

Last edited:
Zameera, your doing just fine with the english.
You crush the whole oreo, cookie and the cream together.
I use a 12 ounce package of chocolate chips.
You store the balls in the refrigerator so that they harden a little before you dip them in the chocolate.

texasgirl said:
Zameera, your doing just fine with the english.
You crush the whole oreo, cookie and the cream together.
I use a 12 ounce package of chocolate chips.
You store the balls in the refrigerator so that they harden a little before you dip them in the chocolate.

thanx,texasgirl!:D

Back
Top Bottom