Sugar Free Fudge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dove

DC Grandma
Sugar Free Holiday Fudge
10 min 10 min prep

1/4 cup butter
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
24 (1 g) packets Equal sugar substitute
8 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Melt butter in small saucepan, or microwave.
Stir in chocolate until melted.
Add Equal and vanilla, mixing well.
Combine cream cheese and chocolate mixture until it is completely mixed; may use the mixer if you want.
Stir in chopped pecans.
Spread in an 8-inch square pan that has been greased well with butter.
Refrigerate until firm and cut into 1-inch squares. Store in refrigerator

Now, why didn't you post this before Christmas??? :) It's definitely a keeper for me, however, so I forgive you. Thanks for posting. I'm going to add some Rum Essence to it because it's likely to be a good replacement for the high-sugar Rum Balls I usually make for my son.

My mother makes some kind of chocolate candy with equal and pecans, but I can't remember what she calls it. It doesn't taste diet, though.

Daisy...That is just what i said when i came across theis recipe!!

I have Splenda but wonder if it would take 24 pkts.? I'd rather just pour it out of the box.

Splenda can be problematic when used by itself with unsweetened chocolate. A little bit of splenda has a tendency to sweetened the chocolate slightly, but, when you add more, the chocolate doesn't get sweeter/stays bitter, regardless of how much you add.

When you combine the splenda with another sweetener, though, it works great in chocolate.

Thanks Scott..
I wonder if half Equal and Splenda would work..I know half sugar would but I was wanting sugar free.

Dove, I'm always a little wary of using Equal (aspartame) in any dessert where heat is involved. This being said, millions of people use Equal in coffee and tea every day, so maybe it can handle some heat.

Assuming it can handle the heat fine, yes, Equal and Splenda will work wonderfully together (half and half).

Dove, my grandmother was diabetic and she used to come up with all kind of recipes to fit her diet. But the recipe that I remember the most was so delishious.

I can't tell you how much of what she used, but you can use your own discression.

Freshly ground chicken
Knox Geliton, Prepared according to pkg.
Low Cal or Low Fat Ranch Salad Dressing.

Grind chickien in meat grinder.
Put ground chicken in prepared Knox gelitin and put in refrigerator until firm.
When firm cut in desired slices and top with Ranch Salad Dressing.

yummi! :)

I forgot all about this post...lol
Is the
gelatin the kind in the orange box (i think) the unflavored kind?

Back
Top Bottom