Tempering chocolate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2pupsmom

Assistant Cook
Is there an easy way to temper chocolate? It seems quite complicated. I have heard of a microwave version, but am skeptical. FYI...I know NOTHING about tempering chocolate! :) Thanks!!

best way well if your a newbie at the whole chocolate thing avoid the microwave fora while as it can burn easily

Melt chopped chocolate over a double boiler to roughly 110 no higher it will burn

Keep some chopped chocolate to the side! equal to about 1/3 of the amount your melting

now once the chocolate is up to 110 add the chopped chocolate.. and stir until glossy. dont over stir or you will get tiny lil chocolate bubbles in the chocolate..

If the chocolate drops temperature to much reheat on dbl boiler until it reaches 90. F

Chef_Jen said:
best way well if your a newbie at the whole chocolate thing avoid the microwave fora while as it can burn easily

Melt chopped chocolate over a double boiler to roughly 110 no higher it will burn

Keep some chopped chocolate to the side! equal to about 1/3 of the amount your melting

now once the chocolate is up to 110 add the chopped chocolate.. and stir until glossy. dont over stir or you will get tiny lil chocolate bubbles in the chocolate..

If the chocolate drops temperature to much reheat on dbl boiler until it reaches 90. F

Thanks ChefJen. Would I remove the pot from heat after I stirred in the chopped chocolate or keep the heat on low?

if you don't keep a third of it out and add it later, will it not temper right?

Thats the best way to temper you need that chocolate to come down in temp...

yes keep it off the heat.. only if it drops to much do you need to place it back on the dbl boiler

Back
Top Bottom