What is your favorite Chocolate Treat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While sightseeing in Newburyport yesterday, I had the pleasure of eating a raspberry cream filled dark chocolate truffle. A memorable chocolate eating experience.

Side note: SO left her wallet/phone in the candy shop. We found out an hour later when we got home to a phone message telling us they had her stuff. So we turned around and did another round trip to retrieve the wallet/ phone. It was a long day.

I sure hope you got more of those delectable truffles on the return trip!:yum:

Gosh golly gee, Andy! I agree with Kayelle... as you had to go back you might as well have gotten some more to soothe your aching trip aches.

Favorite chocolate? FAVORITE chocolate? *gasp* Why, that would be like saying which of our children is my favorite. Let's just say that my favorite chocolate is the one I'm eating when I'm having chocolate. Sometimes you can be satisfied with cheap check-out stuff, sometimes only a high-end piece will do. I must say, though, that if any of you are in the Berkshire Mountains in western MA, make a stop at Chocolate Springs Cafe. We bought a selection of their truffles when we spent a couple days up that way visiting OH friends who were staying in the Berkshires. Wonderful stuff.

...MY favorite chocolate treat is the Mini Chocolate Cream Pie I make from
Christina Lane: https://www.dessertfortwo.com/chocolate-cream-pie-2/...
While the recipe looks delicious (and I do plan on making this pie), I was really touched by her story before I got to the recipe. I was also going to ask you how much "four sheets of graham crackers" measures out to be - I have graham cracker crumbs I bought spur-of-the-moment because they were on sale and strawberries were in season and I planned to make a smaller version of a loved dessert from our past...but never got around to it. Anyway, I ended up googling and found out that six sheets of graham crackers crush down to one cup of crumbs. This recipe would need 2/3 cup of crumbs. Just thought I'd let you know. ;)

While the recipe looks delicious (and I do plan on making this pie), I was really touched by her story before I got to the recipe. I was also going to ask you how much "four sheets of graham crackers" measures out to be - I have graham cracker crumbs I bought spur-of-the-moment because they were on sale and strawberries were in season and I planned to make a smaller version of a loved dessert from our past...but never got around to it. Anyway, I ended up googling and found out that six sheets of graham crackers crush down to one cup of crumbs. This recipe would need 2/3 cup of crumbs. Just thought I'd let you know. ;)

I apologize for not mentioning that I do not make her crust.. I was/am more delighted by her chocolate filling recipe and that its perfect for a small pie for us.. Jeannie beams when I tell her its chocolate pie night.. :LOL: I don't care for cracker or cookie crusts and always bake a commercial pie crust to fill..

As to Christina Lane, I adore her and am always happy reading her blog.. :)

Ross

For boxed chocolates, it has to be See's. But the two local Chocolatiers are neck and neck with their assortment of Truffles.:yum:

Chocolate Crinkles (cookies). A fond memory from my childhood. My mom would often make these cookies and they were the best things ever to me.

I'd make them myself, but I hate baking.

The only chocolate store near me is Godiva. I've never bought anything there. I hear it is pretty pricey, but they must do a pretty good business, as they have been in the same location for a good ten years, or more.

CD

I know my cookie treat isn't actual chocolate, since everyone seems to be talking specifically about candy, but I prefer chocolately things (like cookies or cake or brownies) rather than chocolate itself. I'm not a huge chocolate fan.

The question is your favorite chocolate treat, not your favorite chocolate candy, so cake qualifies [emoji2] Flourless chocolate cake with chocolate ganache topping would be a close second for me.

I can´t get enough of this chocolate bar:
negro-70-naranja-0-azucares-anadidos-valor.png

Not sure if you can find it in the US, but it is the perfect treat, 70% noir, no sugar added and orange taste.

I'm addicted to a Spanish commercial chocolate bar, 70% noir chocolate, no added sugar (Stevia) and orange. Delicious

The brand is Valor, I put a photo but the comment was not approved. Don't think it is sold I. The US

I can resist most anything until I bring it home. Every single year I buy a big bag several big bags of fun-size milk chocolate candies just in case a trick or treater shows up, promising myself this time I'll be self-disciplined and eat any Holloween leftovers only in moderation.

Never kept that promise; not once.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom