What's your favorite brand of chocolate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll agree. I'm not one for milk chocolate. The higher the cocoa content the happier I am.
But I've never had about 80(?)%, and I think much higher may be too intense.

75% is the ideal amount for me. I've tried the Lindt 85% but I prefer the 75%...but then again I wouldn't complain if someone gave me a bar of it.

The Lindt concept store/cafe here in Sydney sells a 99% bar, haven't tried it yet. Would be interesting...

I would always bring 20 ~ 1 1/2 lb. Plastic Canisters of Hills Brothers Cocoa from Chicago whenever I went there. I loved Hills Brothers Cocoa and I could reuse the Plastic containers. After I moved to Carbondale in 1985 I couldn't get it any more because our grocery distributers are from Missouri and Hills Brothers does not sell Cocoa west of The Mississipi. I miss it alot.
I like Cadburry Chocolate Cream Eggs and use 2 of them in each Trekken Double Chocolate Fudge Cake instead of 2 Large Eggs. They are great and you don't need regular eggs because they are as sticky inside as regular eggs ~ only they are Chocolate.
Oh yes I use about 3 lbs or so of Cocoa a month. I still miss the Hills Brothers Cocoa, and then Carnation left me so now I have to use Nestles. I just found a canister of Carnation hiding from me. Have a cup [=}~

I also go for Lindt... there is nothing better than that... :wub:
Milka has some special sorts, like the one with these crackle things in it.. great!

I don't have an active sweet tooth, but chocolate every now and then is nice. I like Belgian chocolate, made with real Belgians. It's the bestest!

Green and Blacks 70% - organic and most of the varieties are fair trade as well. The one with ginger, and the one with dried sour cherries are to die for.

I always make room in my calories for the day to have a wee bit of chocolate!

one word and one letter

Ethel M
42855_dt.jpg

I know most of you can't get these, but they are SO good. I believe it would be worth the while of all genuine chocoholics to go to their website and/or call them for a small order of these delights.

Bernard Callebaut and just about anything made by Ferrero are high up there on my list. I like little artisan chocolates too, and it seems that as I get older I'm shying more away from candy bars and towards savouring chocolate as is, or in the form of truffles (LOL, but that said I'll always have a few favourite chocolate bars :)),

Although I don't indulge that often,
I absolutely LOVE Rheb's chocolates made right here in Baltimore on Wilkens Avenue! I'm sure that the freshness is a big factor. I've tried some of the big name commercial chocolates, but nothing else seems to compair. It's just a small family operation, but to my taste it's the best:)

I also like Ghiradelli chocolate. I don't use much chocolate just for eating, more for baking, and I have been happy with Ghiradelli's chips.

When I do buy a chocolate bar to eat it's usually just a plain Hershey's. I do like good dark chocolate though.

Another Lindt and Milka fan... also I am a total sucker for Ferrero's Raffaello.. (maybe it wouldn't be classified as chocolate, though... mmm, mmm, good!!)

Dark: Valhrona Guanaja (70%) or Scharffen Berger 70%
Milk: Valhrona Jivara Lactee or Lindt Extra Fine
White: Valhrona Ivoire
Chocolate Chips: Ghirardelli

Personally, for eating, I always choose milk chocolate over dark. Dark is great for baking, but I just can't eat it straight, unless it's melted. Even then, it really needs something to balance it, fresh strawberries being ideal. For the snobs out there who don't acknowledge milk chocolate, I would point out that milk chocolate outsells dark in virtually every country (including Europe) with the exception of France. Clearly the world prefers milk chocolate! And the pinnacle of milk chocolate is Valhrona Jivara. I bought a 6.6 LBS bag of the stuff, and in the end, I nibbled almost all of it away! (it was supposed to be for baking)

Angie said:
Call me crazy but I was not all that impressed with Godiva....don't get me wrong, I'll still buy a bar when I see one (can we say chocoholic???) but it's not on my top list.

Angie! same here.i'm not impressed with godiva either.i'm crazy for cadbury and hershey's.Without nuts or anything else ofcourse.just chocolate,chocolate,chocolate....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom