I Think Ice Cream Soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Termy

Senior Cook
I don't screw round.

The ice cream must be good, ideally Honey Hut which has no sugar but sweetens with honey.

A bottle of chocolate syrup.

Strawberries.

Nuts, especially walnuts.

Can of pineapple.

Banana.

I am sure I forgot something.

T

Oh. you've opened up a well discussed topic. Have you ever made your own ice cream? If not, you are cheating yourself. When done right, it's better than what you can get at the grocers. Some favorites that I've made are:
  • French Vanilla
  • Strawberry
  • Strawberry cheesecake
  • Maple nut
  • Swirled Vanilla Fudge
  • Deep Chocolate with chocolate nibs
  • Pistachio
  • Vanilla with Cherry jam swirl
  • Chocolate banana cream swirl
  • Vanilla with malt, and nutmeg
  • Candycap mushroom (tastes like maplenut)
  • Vanilla with caramel swirl

None of these are hard to make. Each starts with crème patisserie, thinned with a little whole milk. After that, you add the other flavors. The strawberry cheesecake uses a cream cheese, mixed into the crème patisserie, and vanilla, then when churned to soft serve, a thick, strawberry sauce is swirled in.

You can sweeten with honey, sugar, monk fruit, or stevia. Gelato is similar to ice cream, but is a frozen milk preparation. The ice crystals are smaller than in ice cream, making gelato more dense, and has a creamier texture, and richer flavor. Frozen yogurt starts with yogurt, to which sweeteners, flavors, and nilk are added before churning.

All of these can be frozen in popsicle molds, the coated by dipping in a chocolate shell Mixture of chocolate combined with coconut oil.

Hard shell;
7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons virgin coconut oi

Melt chocolate over very low heat. Add coconut oil and stir until you get a homogenous mixture.

You can also use high quality milk chocolate, butterscotch morsels, strawberry, blueberry, or cherry powder and white chocolate, plain white chocolate, etc. in place of the dark chocolate if you prefer. You can also add chopped, rooted peanuts, hazelnuts, or macadamia nuts to the hard shell mixture, or Crisped rice cereal.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
My favorite chocolate syrup is made
with Dutch cocoa, butter, and heavy cream - not something I make very often, unless I'm sharing it, and others will be helping me eat it!
Hot Fudge Sauce
1/2 c Dutch cocoa
1/3 c each white and dark brown sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 c heavy cream
3 tb butter

I do this in the MW, though it can also be done in a small saucepan, over low heat.

In a 1 qt pyrex measuring cup, mix together the cocoa, sugars, and salt, then stir in the cream, to wet everything, then add butter (no need to melt). Microwave on high until mixture begins to boil, then stir to mix in the butter. MW for 2 min on 3, taking care not to boil over.

And if you like that chocolate syrup that turns to a hard, crackly, candy like coating on the ice cream, it's hard to get any easier! Simply melt together 3 oz of some 62% (or close to that) chocolate with 2 oz virgin coconut oil. That's it! Most recipes call for equal parts, but this has more chocolate flavor, and still works well.

Chief, I love that crackly coating for the ice cream, and I see you use more chocolate, like I do - most recipes use half and half.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom