Lindt Chocolate Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lindtooth

Assistant Cook
Hello peeps,
Cud u please advise me on how to make chocolate sauce with normal eating(dark lindt) chocolate that doesnt set or go hard when poured over ice cream.

thanx

ish

Hi Lindtooth,
Welcome to DC. I happen to live near the Lindt chocolate factory where they also have an outlet shop! Yes, always the temptation to drop in. I would suggest that you melt your chocolate slowly with about 1/3 extra of single cream. So, for 100grs of chocolate add about 30grs of cream. Stir as it melts together and don't let it get too hot. you can add a little more as you go and see if it is the thickness that you want. You could also add some brandy or rum if you want a grown-up sauce instead or as well as the cream but that is up to you.;)

Menu maker has it correct. But be careful of how much liquid you add to your sauce.

Technique:
Place heavy cream into a double boiler, or metal bowl suspended over simmering water and heat to 110' F. Break the chocolate into small pieces, or chop. Add it slowly to the hot cream, stirring to help melt and distribute the chocolate. Continue adding the chocolate until your sauce is smooth and cream. Taste it. Now take a tbs. or so and sprinkle just a little salt on it, just half a dash. Stir that in a cup to dissolve the salt. Taste that. If you like it better with a touch of salt, add some to the pot, a little at a time, and stir it in. When it tastes right, you're done. Enjoy.

You can also add Nuttella hazelnut spread to you sauce as well, or raspberry, or orange extract. Yum.

For another layer of chocolate goodness, sprinkle chocolate nibs onto your ice cream.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Lonwind of the North

Hello,
Thank you for the recipe! I had some 70% dark chocolate Lindt bars and wanted to make a chocolate sauce using oat milk.
I heated about 40oz of oat milk over double boiler and then added a couple pieces of dark chocolate bar, approx 25 oz of. When that melted, I took mixture off of heat and put in bowl to cool a bit, then I added rest of chocolate bar in pieces and mixed until I got consistency I wanted. I tasted it and it is delicious!

Hello Bamboo and Welcome to DC!

Glad you found us and that recipe is working for you. It is originally from 2014 - don't know that I'd ever seen it. But now that I have...

Yumm!! chocolate sauce coming up soon for that ice cream!

Hello dragnlaw and Thank you!
I’m excited to be here! The recipe rocks. I put the chocolate sauce in the fridge and checked it after a few hours and it was consistently of fudge! I had a spoonful cold with vanilla ice cream and some sprinkles.
I will reheat tonight to have over chocolate brownies with more ice cream! Yum, indeed!

Back
Top Bottom