New Ice Cream maker!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great present! I have been lookin at them at Target but not taken the plunge yet.

Let us know how the first batch turns out.

That's the one I have. Try recipes that come with the unit.

Yes, that is the plan. Once I make a few of the recipes in the booklet, I might branch out. The ones in the book look like they'll cover most everything though. Which recipe from the book is you favorite? Any tips for better product.

Wait a minute, I'm making peach frozen yogurt, not sorbet!

Hmmm I'd go with vanilla, bake some browines and make hot fudge brownie sundaes! Now THATs comfort food for a snowy day. :pig:

I got that for Christmas, asked for it because dh is eating a lot of ice cream and the one gallon churner was getting tedious....what I use is my recipe that makes one gallon of custard and then make ice cream over the next several days in the Cuisinart..it is a basic vanilla that I can modify for each batch....would you be interested in the one gallon custard recipe?

I got that for Christmas, asked for it because dh is eating a lot of ice cream and the one gallon churner was getting tedious....what I use is my recipe that makes one gallon of custard and then make ice cream over the next several days in the Cuisinart..it is a basic vanilla that I can modify for each batch....would you be interested in the one gallon custard recipe?

Yes, very much so!

Yes, very much so!

Hey vagriller, this cut and paste was written years ago, for the one gallon maker....this recipe has been widely distributed...probably already posted it here some time....and I used only whole milk to make this ice cream.....using whipping cream is almost too much!;).

This machine makes a smooth ice cream...For the Cuisinart, I use 4 cups of this custard. And any chocolate added needs to be finely chopped.

"This is a recipe I developed from a mistake I made. Basically this recipe has a higher custard to milk/cream ratio than is normal. I made a custard for a 6 quart ice cream maker, only to find when it came time to cut the custard with milk/cream, I had a 4 quart maker and could only add 3 cups of milk instead of the 6 cups called for in the 6 quart recipe.

Rich Vanilla Ice Cream or Peppermint yields 1 gallon

In a large saucepan, Combine:

3 ½ cups Sugar
½ cup flour
¾ t. salt
Gradually stir in:
7 cups whole milk.
Cook over medium heat until thickened, about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring constantly.

Beat 6 eggs in a mixer bowl. Gradually stir about one cup of hot mixture into the beaten eggs. Add back to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Cook one minute, remove from heat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.

Combine:
3 cups whole milk or ½ and ½ or whipping cream
3 T. vanilla

¼ t. peppermint flavor/oil (optional)
Add to chilled mixture and stir to combine

Pour into chilled canister and place in ice cream maker. Freeze as directed.

This recipe makes what I consider to be a French style rich vanilla custard ice cream.

For a sublime dessert, use the peppermint-flavored ice cream and serve over a brownie. Adding a ¼ t. peppermint oil makes a lightly flavored ice cream. You could add up to slightly less than ½ t. peppermint oil for a stronger flavored peppermint ice cream.
Or make the plain vanilla ice cream and serve with chocolate sauce, or butterscotch sauce. Sometimes I add 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips to either the plain vanilla or peppermint recipe."

Just got a new ice cream maker as a belated bday present from my MIL & FIL. Can't wait till tomorrow to try it out! It is the one in the link below. Anyone got any tips or good recipes?

Amazon.com: Cuisinart ICE-20 Automatic 1-1/2-Quart Ice-Cream Maker, White: Kitchen & Dining

now you have done it. this is now in my cart on amazon. might have to wait til next month. also my grand daughter has a ice cream machine , that she has never used. will check that out before i order. but i do love the look of yours. no ice, no water.

Just made some basic vanilla ice cream, except I added marshmallows, choc chips, and graham crackers to make it like smores. Wasn't too much like smores, but still very good. And SO easy too!

I also have that one. The vannilla recipe that in in the book is really tasty .
I store my mixing in the freezer so i decide to make some I don't have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom